Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 06:07 AM

Default Re: Absolute-Mason Took My Muzzle Off

#11.

A 2+2er with a friend on the inside said that his friend says that the person who sent out the HHs was a new employee and most likely sent out the HH with all the hole cards on accident. There was a post on BBV like 5-7 days ago with this info in it.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
#11.

A 2+2er with a friend on the inside said that his friend says that the person who sent out the HHs was a new employee and most likely sent out the HH with all the hole cards on accident. There was a post on BBV like 5-7 days ago with this info in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow that's pretty big.

So in order for this to have been exposed:

a) the superuser had to be extremely blatant in utilizing hole card info.

b) newbie absolute staff had to make errors

Pretty scary.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:24 AM

David- to help get the timeline down a bit more precisely...

The accusations and some evidence that there was cheating going on precedes the hand history being unearthed/scrutinized by Marco, Waco, Nat, Snags, etc.
Marco may have requested it shortly after the tourney- but nobody had any idea of what it contained until weeks later- long after the threads that involved the poker tracker shots of other sessions with unreal river aggression factors and win rates were burning up BBV.

The initial accusations about the super using came about after piecing together files from players in the tournaments- along with cash game hand histories from the various cheating accounts against 2+2ers and P5ers.

Absolute went into denial mode despite clear evidence of dumping sessions between the suspect accounts.
They continued to deny possible cheating while Josem put together his plot of how outrageous the poker tracker shots of the sessions looked.
They said it was impossible for any person to know the hole cards to be able to use to their advantage during play.

The Marco file comes to light later when he takes a second look at it weeks after getting it. (IIRC)

Absolute had been denying it prior to that though.

It was also obvious prior to that file coming to light there was cheating going on.

The file simply made it impossible for them to continue to deny it.

Not that they still didn't try.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:25 AM

Damn, Sklansky got his muzzle off and just ripped this issue apart like a wild rabbid wolf!!!!11
Old 11-12-2007, 06:32 AM

Old 11-12-2007, 06:45 AM

And yes... Absolute Poker has tried to minimize how tight the "consultant" was with the company.
They floated the "rogue consultant/employee trying to prove a point to upper management" story first when they decided to admit something happened.

Then he magically was moved up to trusted consultant when it was apparent nobody was buying their brand of bs.
And the incident became more than something approaching a prank gone wrong.

At no time have they openly stated the person/s has or had any ownership interest in their company.
Obviously.

The consensus among those who know the most about the story (Nat, etc) is that they have no reason to believe the HH was anything other than a mistake.

Why the person made the cheating so obvious is likely some combo of retardation, drugs, entitlement tilt.
But I wouldn't limit it to just that.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
13. We do not know the nature of the software tinkering that allowed someone to see the hole cards. Or whether something similar is scientifically possible on other sites.

[/ QUOTE ]
There's really no question of whether it's possible. That's just an axiom of networked computing: you have to trust the guy with the root privileges.

You can do two things: minimize the number of persons you have to trust. And make it non-trivial for root to get to the info. But you don't get around a certain level of trust.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:56 AM

WTF is this thread
Old 11-12-2007, 07:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF is this thread

[/ QUOTE ]

I could ask the same thing about you...
Old 11-12-2007, 07:04 AM

david's last few points are intriguing... it seems very possible that someone deliberately tried to sabotage AP's business...