Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 08:34 PM

Default micro stakes hand help

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha/8, $0.02 BB (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($4.36)
Hero ($2.37)
UTG ($1)
MP ($1.32)
CO ($2.88)
Button ($3.26)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $0.02.
UTG (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $0.02, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.07) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($0.07) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, Button checks.

River: ($0.07) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.05</font>, UTG calls $0.05, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $0.27</font>, Hero calls $0.22, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $0.98</font>, Button calls $0.71, Hero ??

Do you have to assume one of them has a3 or a4 here for the low? Is this a call or a fold?
Old 10-24-2007, 09:24 PM

Default Re: micro stakes hand help

OK, the board is paired and has three diamonds and you have two pair (one on board) Ts and 8s.
So firstly, assume, with 100% certainty, that you don't have the hi. Thus you're playing for half the pot, the lo.
As far as the lo goes, A3, A4, A5, A6 beats you.
Any of those hands plus a T, two diamonds, 77/22, 99+ scoops you. Your lo hand is so weak it's can't be bet, or check-called, in any situation I can think of. This is a fold every time.
In case you have a hold 'em background (like me), you hand is equivalent to holding 32o on a board of 3d4d5d-Th-Tc (i.e., you have a "hand" but EVERYTHING that doesnt get checked through beats it).
If somone had of bet .2c on the flop you should fold. .2c on the turn, you should fold. You cannot put *any* money in on the river.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:28 PM

Check river. Fold to any bet over .02
Old 10-24-2007, 09:42 PM

Now now.. lets not be too harsh, i dont see the problem with the original bet, its been checked all the way, so hey why not take the occasional stab, the fact that low did come in makes it less likly to work, but theres nothing wrong with occasionally throughing a bet out there to steal an occasional pot... however once youve been raised, and you hand sucks for both the hi and the lo... its time to LET IT GO ASAP!!!!!
Old 10-24-2007, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now now.. lets not be too harsh, i dont see the problem with the original bet, its been checked all the way, so hey why not take the occasional stab, the fact that low did come in makes it less likly to work, but theres nothing wrong with occasionally throughing a bet out there to steal an occasional pot... however once youve been raised, and you hand sucks for both the hi and the lo... its time to LET IT GO ASAP!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I would want a better low or position, but that's just me.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:49 PM

hey aces full.. i completly agree with you, but i dont think its entirly unprofitable to make small bets here and there with total air to try take down occasional pots, at these stakes theres no meta-game benifits sure, but still they do tend to work at least almost often enough... i do think calling a raise, especailly after someone already called is worse then flushing money down the toilet!!!
Old 10-24-2007, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm hoping my post didn't come off as harsh. I'm a newb exactly like the OP, I don't have the knowledge to warrant a harsh post.
Stabbing at pots is fine if it has a chance to work. At these stakes, with this board and Hero's position, is that very likely?
Old 10-24-2007, 10:01 PM

NO prob not, i dont think it has the 1/3 odds of working that he needs to make this worthwhile, especially given the river completes a low, but i dont think that that general stratigy is altogether bad, i know i love stabbing at such little pots, maybe its just a leak in my game, but it does seem to work quite often.