Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2007, 04:48 PM

Default I want to sell my Wii and get a ps3

I bought the Wii back on launch day. I didnt wait all night out in the cold for it, it was sent through Amazon.

Games I have bought on the system have been Tony Hawk, Excite Truck, Zelda (already beat it), SSX blur and Tiger Woods.

I was playing Tiger Woods, somewhat not impressed by the game, and the thought popped into my head to sell the Wii and get a ps3.

I figured I would make a post to see if people agreed with the decision or help talk me out of it.

Here's my current reasoning process
- Always wanted a ps3
- I refuse to ever buy a 360
- I am getting an HDtv in 2007
- PS3 looks like it will be more centered to the online content than the Wii
- The Wii controller is becoming boring to me.
- Except for the must have Nintendo brand titles, not many other Wii games down the road look impressive

I am not sure if I would do it, but I would probably get a good price on ebay. Its not like I can not just buy another Wii down the road. So do you agree or disagree with me?
Old 03-17-2007, 05:21 PM

Default Re: I want to sell my Wii and get a ps3

It seems kind of pointless to get a PS3 before you have an HDTV. The thing is all about HD content and you don't have a way of utilizing it.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:40 PM

go for it if it's what u want

it's first year for both systems, so both are short on games right now...u may be disappointed with the ps3 as well once u get it...just gotta be patient on games in first year of new consoles

if u are a fan of mario, i'd wait for paper mario tho...comes out in april
Old 03-17-2007, 06:31 PM

Location: tell them ill be here when they come 4 me, me and every single n1gga dat got love 4 me, see i got money on my mind, but the haters wont leave me alone, so im ridin everyday wit every pistol dat i own

y no 360?
Old 03-17-2007, 07:31 PM

Seems pretty.. questionable.. to not even consider a 360 in this spot especially since you mentioned your prefer for online content, but whatever. Save your money. The PS3 has no really desirable games right now, but may in the future. It's also likely that the PS3 price will be dropping in the relatively near future.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:16 PM

Motorstorm and Resistance are certainly desirable. I have all 3 and play my PS3 and Wii the most.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:01 AM

Judging from the games you've been playing you're probably more of a 360/PS3 type fellow, but I should let you know that those are some pretty bad games to judge the Wii by. The Wii isn't very good for conventional genres, but other games (like Warioware, Trauma Center, Red Steel and Wii Sports) that really utilize the Wii controls are pretty cool, and there are a lot more of those kinds of innovative games on the way. I'm pretty tired of the Madden/Need For Speed/FPS routine of conventional gaming anyway....but if that's your thing, then the PS3 may be more your speed.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seems pretty.. questionable.. to not even consider a 360 in this spot especially since you mentioned your prefer for online content, but whatever. Save your money. The PS3 has no really desirable games right now, but may in the future. It's also likely that the PS3 price will be dropping in the relatively near future.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I really don't understand OP's aversion to the 360, especially given the desire for online gaming. Honestly, what reason could anyone have to choose the PS3 over the 360 at this point in time? Sure, it could end up being the system to have, but a lot has to change for that to be the case. I guess I could see it if you are a big FF or MGS fan. Other than that, I honestly can't see the logic.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:59 AM

please sell me you wii!
Old 03-18-2007, 05:05 AM

How can you want a PS3 more than the 360? Also you want online games. I can't think of any great ps3 exclusives here, while the 360 will obv get Halo 3. Seems stupid based on what you said. Only reason I can see for a PS3 are the rpg's slated for release 9-18months from now. Even then the 360 is getting Conan and maybe Hellgate so it wouldn't be a strong selling point. Personally the only reason I want a PS3 is for Monster Hunter 3. There are still good Wii exclusives coming out btw. Selling a used system is never a great deal either. Just buy a 360.