Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2007, 12:53 PM

Default things that you\'re unnecessarily ocd about

i'm more or less a slob, but i can't [censored] stand it when i notice that i've missed a spot shaving and i have to wait until going home to shave off that one unnoticeable patch. it really infuriates me.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:57 PM

Default Re: things that you\'re unnecessarily ocd about

Staples in takeout food containers must be accounted for and disposed of before eating begins.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:10 PM

There's a few things in my day to day life that I'll do an extra time to make it an even number for no real reason. Doesn't bother me much if I don't but for some reason I still catch myself always doing it. An example would be if I rest my hands on my knees I'll often give an extra finger tap from one finger on each hand to make 6 points of contact instead of 5 on each knee. God this sounds really crazy when typing it.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:19 PM

I keep my DVD collection in alphabetical order... most people think that's weird.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:38 PM

I type words/sentences on my steering wheel while driving. It gets to be OCD when my wrists and hands actually get fatigued.

T
Old 08-19-2007, 01:43 PM

I never used to sweat my house/car keys until 2002. I went on vacation and didn't drive for almost two weeks. When I got back, the second or third day I walked out of the house without my keys.

Now, when I leave, I reflexively check for my keys even if I know I just put them in my pocket. I can be as far as closing the locked door, and I'll stop the door a couple of inches before it closes to check for my keys. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-19-2007, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm more or less a slob, but i can't [censored] stand it when i notice that i've missed a spot shaving and i have to wait until going home to shave off that one unnoticeable patch. it really infuriates me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I keep a razor in my desk for this exact reason.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:54 PM

Using purelle at work. I do this about 15 times a day, and I also wash my hands with soap more than the average person.

I also refuse to touch the polls in subways- I try to lean against the door, but if that area is not available, I simply do my best to balance myself.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I never used to sweat my house/car keys until 2002. I went on vacation and didn't drive for almost two weeks. When I got back, the second or third day I walked out of the house without my keys.

Now, when I leave, I reflexively check for my keys even if I know I just put them in my pocket. I can be as far as closing the locked door, and I'll stop the door a couple of inches before it closes to check for my keys. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this too, but with my car because I locked my keys in my car once. Even if I have 3 grocery bags in each hand and I just put my keys in my pocket, I have to put down the bags and make sure my keys are in my pocket before I can shut the car door. I also obsess about whether or not I locked my apartment door and sometimes I'll get in my car and start driving only to force myself to go back and check that the door is locked, which it always is.

Also, whenever I go to sleep at night and set the alarm clock I have to keep checking it to make sure I set it for the right time. Usually 5 times in 2-3 minute intervals satisfies me that it's right. I think something is wrong with me.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:23 PM

Whenever I get a drink from a fast food restaurant, I automatically push down all the buttons on the lid.