Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2006, 02:11 PM

Default how much did u sell your PS3 for?

just kind of curious what everybodys been getting for them, i just got my hands on a bunch and wanna figure out what i can sling em for....also where is everyone selling them...ebay im assuming?
Old 11-19-2006, 05:05 PM

Default Re: how much did u sell your PS3 for?

considering the number of posts about the PS3, I'm really surprised none of you guys have responded to this post. I'll respond just to keep it active. I didn't sell my PS3 for nothin because I didn't bother to wait for 48 hours to make a few hundred dollars. I figured that even if I could sell the PS3 at $2000, for a profit of about $1300, that is only about $27/hour. Then you have to subtract the cost of sitting in the cold on the street in front of a store for 48 hours. for me, that is worth about $12/hour. So subtracting that, I'm down to like $15/hour in profit. Then it takes like two more hours to pack and ship the item, and many ebay auctions offered free overnight shipping, so i'd most likely have to eat that cost as well. Since I could get a part-time telemarketing job in my town for $12.50/hour, I figured that getting that job at no risk would be better than taking the risk on the PS3 for hardly any more money. But hey, I consider my time more valuable than $15/hour in any case. Just my 2 cents.

Maybe no one wants to admit that they didn't end up making the kind of cash on the PS3 that they had projected? I'm still curious about those Elmo dolls people were posting about before, too.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:47 AM

I'm sorry but anyone who waits on line for a ps3 for 48 and keeps it is a retard. In 2 or 3 months you can walk into any store and buy them so basically you're waiting in line for 2 days to play it for 2 months.The first version of the system will also have bugs in it that later versions won't.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry but anyone who waits on line for a ps3 for 48 and keeps it is a retard. In 2 or 3 months you can walk into any store and buy them so basically you're waiting in line for 2 days to play it for 2 months.The first version of the system will also have bugs in it that later versions won't.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is really dumb logic.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:58 AM

MY PS3 Sale

My Wii Sale

I spent 42 hours outside in the rain for the PS3 and it cost me a total of just under $1200 including listing fees, Paypal fees, shipping, umbrella, new socks, etc.. So $2400 net.

The Wii was a cakewalk in comparison. 14 hours in line and only extra costs are eBay,paypal fees and shipping. The guy who bought the Wii still hasn't paid or responded to emails though so I think I'm going to get screwed there. If he doesn't pay I'm opening it up for my kids so loss of $265.

I'm selling my second set later. I haven't decided yet wether the Monday after Black Friday or the first Sunday in December will be best ending times.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So $2400 net.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I gotta admit that 200% is a significant margin. Looks like you pulled down about $57/hour standing around for 42 hours. Not too bad. We're starting to get into the ballpark of worth my time.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

So $2400 net.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I gotta admit that 200% is a significant margin. Looks like you pulled down about $57/hour standing around for 42 hours. Not too bad. We're starting to get into the ballpark of worth my time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hands down worst math in history.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

So $2400 net.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hands down worst math in history.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good post Frogpond.
$2400 net/42 hours = $57/hour. Doesn't it?
Old 11-20-2006, 01:52 PM

If someone who doesnt make a great deal of money can make 50 dollars and hour waiting in line and selling these it makes perfect sense. If you have the patience of a 4 year old and wait in line for 2 days to buy something (with bugs) you can buy in 2 months with no effort you are a retard.What's not to understand?
Old 11-20-2006, 02:10 PM

It looks like they are approaching the $1000 mark on ebay now. With fees they may approach about even soon. I guess it's a good thing I didn't manage to get one.