Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2006, 05:10 PM

Default what are you required to tell your significant other

if a guy cheats on his GF, it is a wide held belief that he has a responsibility to tell her about it.

But what about if he is walking down the street and sees a woman that he would like to have sex with, does he have a responsibility to tell her?

What if during sex he fantasies that her two best friends are blowing and snowballing him? Chances are the average significant other would want to know about this.

What if he is in the grocery store and starts flirting with another woman. Obviously this is not acceptable in a relationship, as he would never do it infront of her, so shouldnt he also be honest and tell her about his wrong doing?

What if at moments you feel like you hate your significant other? If you asked them, I am sure most would say that they would want to know about it.
Old 10-29-2006, 05:12 PM

Default Re: what are you required to tell your significant other

You're very wrong about what the average significant other wants to know.
Old 10-29-2006, 05:12 PM

What if during sex he fantasies that her two best friends are blowing and snowballing him?

W
T
F
?
Old 10-29-2006, 05:13 PM

George: So, that's it. All of my darkest fears, and... everything I'm capable of. That's me.

Jerry: Yikes. Well, good luck with all that
Old 10-29-2006, 05:14 PM

If you kill someone you go to jail.

If you think about killing someone you don't.

Same principle applies here.
Old 10-29-2006, 05:14 PM

Everybody has private thoughts, and everyone's entitled to them. It's what you do that counts.

I take it for granted that any girl I'm with will still find other guys attractive, just like I will still find other girls attractive. That's just having a normal sex drive. And if you didn't have that, there would be a lot less of a reason for you to be with anyone anyway.

As long as you don't make an ass of yourself about it or follow it to its conclusion, it's harmless and far more normal than not having those thoughts.
Old 10-29-2006, 05:18 PM

Here is another question, you are in a relationship. You are 100% in love with her, and you feel that she would be the perfect woman to raise a family with, and to be your wife. At the sametime, you still desire to have sex with many other women. You do not want to get to know them, you do not want to be friends with them, you do not want them to be your wife. You only want to have sex with them and then leave immediately.

Most people will claim that you are not ready to be in a commited relationship if you still want to sleep with other women.

The problem with this argument is that men, imho, will always want to sleep with other women. Some guys will claim that they dont, but I think they are lying. I cant remember the last time I saw a 10 standing in the subway and every guy over 12 not take a look at her. If he is looking, than he definitely wants to bang her, he is just not willing to admit it to himself. Newsflash: Being attracted to someone, is exactly the same as wanting to bang them.

Another intesesting thing to me is that I think if a man cheats on his significant other, that she will often not dump him. She does not want to lose him to another woman. From her perspective, why should she give him up?

These ideas are all over the place. I just find differences between men and women, and what society says is OK, and not OK, to be very interesting. I believe that many peoples ideas of what is right and wrong have been established by what they see in TV and witness in real life, and that they have NOT come to these conclusions through their own thought and analysis.
Old 10-29-2006, 05:21 PM

That's true. A lot of what we call thinking could better be described as parroting or mimicry.
Old 10-29-2006, 05:23 PM

OP,

Read this book. It goes a long way to explain the science behind what you're describing.

Link to The Third Chimpanzee, Jared Diamond
Old 10-29-2006, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The problem with this argument is that men, imho, will always want to sleep with other women. Some guys will claim that they dont, but I think they are lying.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was married for 10 years, and not once during that time did I ever have the desire to sleep with another woman.