Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2007, 03:16 AM

Default Re: Bryan Micon Rolled for 12k by O-town singer\'s buddy

read the 1st half of this thread 2nd tl;dr....
my take. i hate bryan micon and the racist [censored] at NWP. i used to lurk there. Eff NWP. i hope he catches a bad one by a big black dude on his little nerd skull. gg
Old 09-29-2007, 04:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Now that this Independent Host is involved I predict Justin will explode because now the cat is getting out of the bag. Now he knows that this girl will start telling people around the clubs about this website and his affinity for rolling people. His little game is over.

[/ QUOTE ]

Independent host is obviously Justin's transvestite sister, acting fast to avoid having Micon put a lien on her property, hence the shipping of another $1500 to placate him.

Either that or Justin is banging that tranny ass and she's his sugar mommy.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys, you're getting away from the real issue here.

If you don't like Micon personally, or you are turned off by his snake-oil-salesman-type marketing of his product, that's fine. However, Micon and Justin Smith cannot be compared. While Smith is clearly a scammer, Micon isn't.

Micon's advertisements are basically saying, "I'm a great poker player! Buy my poker tutorial, and learn from me how you too can become a great poker player!"

Poker skill is a very subjective thing. A great player to one guy can be a donkey by someone else's opinion. We can all agree that Phil Ivey is a great player and that a guy who plays 100% of hands pre-flop is a donk. However, most people in between can often be difficult to rate. Most people see themselves as better than they really are, and see most of their opponents as worse than they really are.

My point? Even if you think Micon is not good enough to be making a "Micon System" product, he seems to feel that he is. The guy did finish 63rd in the huge '06 WSOP main event, and made a final table that same year in a field of nearly 3,000. He seems to feel that qualifies him to make these "Micon System" products and sell them for a lot of money. You may not agree, but you're not forced to buy them.

Micon does not lie about his record, nor does he sell the product on false pretenses. Even if you dislike him or the product itself, it still doesn't make him a scammer. He would only be a scammer if he took your $97 and sent you nothing, or if he had actually never played poker in his life and made up the stats he posted.

If you have a good reason to personally dislike Micon, I can understand why you might take joy in watching him get rolled. However, it's wrong to feel he's getting "karma" for his own scams, since he hasn't actually been scamming anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

An undreadable cheat sheet and an hour of two people bullshitting whilst online poker? How much would you pay for that?
Old 09-29-2007, 09:30 AM

You know what is insane? That the guy borrowed 12 k from micon one day, then had to ask for 10 k the following day!!!! Meaning that he blew the 12k in one night!!! Thats balls, to be broke, have 12k in your pocket, and fire it all off in one night.
I mean, he's busted, gets his hands on 12k and fires it off on the same night!!!!!

Then, he tries to get another $10k the next day!! I kinda wish they would've gave himthe money that day just to see if he would've fired it all off on the 29th. That is gangsta-to be broke and find a way to fire up $22k in two days!!! ahahahahahaha

That night of the 28th must've been really gangsta at scores......I wish I wouldve been there.....
Old 09-29-2007, 09:43 AM

10k is not a lot of money thats like 10 or 12 frozen pizzas
Old 09-29-2007, 10:30 AM

or like 6 deliveries
Old 09-29-2007, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Micon does not lie about his record, nor does he sell the product on false pretenses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Druff,

Since he's hiding the fact that he's clearly a losing player over a very large sample of online MTTs, he might as well be lying. he might make more money.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:24 AM

how to scam by justin chase smith.

1) trust me
2) bro
3)????
4) profit!!!
Old 09-30-2007, 12:31 AM

I think good retard selection is his strong point.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how to scam by justin chase smith.

1) trust me
2) bro
3)????
4) profit!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

this is too good