Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: what do you usually think first?
it was probably an honest mistake/my fault 31 54.39%
someone's f*cking with me 26 45.61%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-29-2006, 03:05 PM

Default Re: Just saw SAW III. *Spoilers*

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
disagree with the detractors. it was a great movie. Saw I was pretty good, Saw 2 was great and 3 was fantastic. The Saw series is in my top ten favourite movies, and I have seen a ridiculous number (including almost all of the imdb top 250)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're trying to argue that seeing a lot of movies makes you qualified to rank films. Is this the case?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think loveminus is saying he is qualified to rank films, but I friggin' hate those people that think they are a movie expert just because they have seen a lot of movies, most of those people haven't even seen that many.
Old 10-29-2006, 03:07 PM

Compared to a normal movie you see in theaters it was bad. Compared to other horror movies it was good. Compared to Saw II it was The Godfather.
Old 10-29-2006, 03:13 PM

Everybody is qualified to rank films. That's the point of movies. It's not like if I'm not a film student I am not allowed to have favorites. What credentials to Ebert and Roeper even have? I am just as qualified as the next guy, as is loveminus, to rank films. You simply have to decide whether or not you agree with me.

I personally have never believed a film to be good if Ebert and Roeper said it was, and then I didn't enjoy it. Therefore, I don't really care for what Ebert and Roeper have to say and will most likely agree with someone who shares my taste in movies. So, Loveminus, review away and if people don't like it, they don't have to listen, or in this case read.
Old 10-29-2006, 03:22 PM

I'm not talking about people haveing opinions, everyone is entitled to his/he opinions on a movie. I'm referring to the people that think they are "movie experts".
Old 10-29-2006, 03:23 PM

Ah, I see. Apologies. I thought, well it's obvious what I thought you meant.
Old 10-29-2006, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
about some kind of sick fascination of torture and death and gore. That's not the main theme of the Saw movies. It's about appreciation of life.

[/ QUOTE ]

ugh, You are reading way too hard into a dumb movie plot. The apreciation of life is used as an excuse for all the pointless gore and violence. Saw movies are nothing but trash.
Old 10-29-2006, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
about some kind of sick fascination of torture and death and gore. That's not the main theme of the Saw movies. It's about appreciation of life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Half the torture methods were impossible to escape from. Also almost everyone chosen lived a good life but he just hated them for no reason. There was no appreciation of life theme in SAW III.
Old 10-29-2006, 03:35 PM

me and someone I am talking to right now are having a debate about how hot that doctor was in saw3. (I think she is very pretty)

so rate her

here is 2 pictures

Old 10-29-2006, 03:36 PM

If anyone's thinking about whether or not to see the film(s) and wants a non-biased way to look at it, every movie ever made is on the IMDB and is rated out of ten by tens of thousands of people, and the Saw film's ratings are 7.6, 7.0 and 7.3. That's pretty good considering in a list of every movie EVER made, #250 is rated 7.8.
Just to make it clear that I'm not the only person in the world that liked the films :P
Old 10-29-2006, 03:38 PM

loveminus, if you are talking about using the internet to judge if the movie is good or not, i think rottentomatoes is by far better source.