Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes

Old 12-01-2007, 07:49 AM

Default pair vs. spew machine

i had never played with villain before, but he's 25/21/25 over 200+ hands. how you maintain an ag of 25 over that many hands at nl100 is beyond me, but i'm guessing its pretty questionable.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

MP: $84.80
CO: $108.60
BTN: $130
SB: $389.90
Hero (BB): $102.70
UTG: $99.45

Pre-Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
4 folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $3</font>, Hero calls $2

Flop: ($6) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $4</font>, Hero calls $4

Turn: ($14) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $8</font>, Hero calls $8

River: ($30) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $374.90 and is All-In</font>, Hero folds

Results: $30 Pot ($1.50 Rake)
SB mucked and WON $28.50 (+$13.50 NET)

huh? i would have snap called a normal bet, but what am i supposed to make of this? like i say, i've never played with him before, so he'd have no reason to believe i'd fold a good hand or hero call with crap.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:51 AM

Default Re: pair vs. spew machine

Looks like he was bluffing the flop, turned a good bluff card, and rivered a backdoor flush.

imo.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like he was bluffing the flop, turned a good bluff card, and rivered a backdoor flush.

imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

ha sounds about right i'd fold turn but i mean i also havn't seen someone over 200 hands with an 25 af.. fold riv
Old 12-01-2007, 08:14 AM

River is an obvious fold but that's not what you wanted to know, right? I'd start raising a lot of flops against him. Especially this one where you have middle pair, it's probably way ahead of his cbetting range. Don't give him the advantage of having you guessing, put some pressure back on him.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
River is an obvious fold but that's not what you wanted to know, right? I'd start raising a lot of flops against him. Especially this one where you have middle pair, it's probably way ahead of his cbetting range. Don't give him the advantage of having you guessing, put some pressure back on him.

[/ QUOTE ]
I dunno, against guys who are addicted to betting every street I just call down a lot. Do you think playing back is much better whether we have monster/TP/middle pair/other?
Old 12-01-2007, 08:19 AM

Dunno either, I play very aggressively so I usually raise c-bets with everything between air -- the nuts if I feel someone is trying to run me over. Calling down is also fine but obv. not in this hand. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2007, 08:43 AM

yeah ok that's fair! I suppose it's kinda hard to say which is better without seeing a specific hand. What's hugely important too is if they are capable LAGs or retardo-LAGs
Old 12-01-2007, 08:51 AM

i don't really like to r/f flops with marginal showdown power against people that never do anything but bet or fold. against most people, i'd r/f the flop with a 6x or whatever, because sometimes i will actually get called and either suckout or have the best hand. i'm not really sure what my question is, by the way.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:35 PM

the way to beat a maniac who looks to have some idea of wut he is doin is not calling down. u need to b c/r and raising on flops and turns to slow him down. seeing those stats makes me think he has some idea of poker sense and is not just a bluffing maniac. not to mention he has a monster stack so it appears he has been hitting some good hands. i think u should either raise the flop or turn here and turn ur hand into a bluff.