Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2007, 04:33 PM

Default Re: The rise of the fundamentalist right in America

Yes, the missing commandment is the Sabbath. I do not know the exact book, but it is in the new Testament. I think it is in one of the Letters from John.

Enrique touched on a key thought there. I am not able to bring myself to damn someone else to Hell because they do not believe what I believe. I also agree that the average Christian, especially the Born Again, does not walk the way the Bible tells you to walk. Some of the most offensive and rudest people I have ever met are Christian and some of the nicest, down to earth people I have ever met were Satanists. Religion has nothing to do with the spirit of who you are, it is ultimately up to you to make the correct decisions in life.

I do not approve of the way Jesus is advertised. It bothers me that churches will tell poor people to not worry, put your faith in Jesus, and life will be better. Just pray. In the same breath, the minister will tell you that material things are not important, and that money has not value. Ten minutes later, the plate will be passed.

It is hard for me to accept that the Bible was written by some Holy Spirit. The Bible has been rewritten several times in the past centuries. I heard that the King James Bible was rewritten 8 times in the 1900s alone.

The best way to control and manipulate people is through fear and giving false knowledge. We seen this very concept applied to the Iraq War. The fear of going to Hell must be part of the teachings, because that fear allows you to walk a straight line, pay the tithe, etc.

I have a problem with the people who represent themselves as Christians but who obviously are not. The people standing on the street corner, screaming in my ear, breaking the toleration teachings.

I do not want to be part of an organization that hides child molesters, and refuses to punish those people.

The way Christians talk, I can go out, kill your child, repent in prison, and be ensured a spot in Heaven. Now, you have to look deep inside him or herself to find forgiveness for me.

Who is being less Christian here? Would any God, who knows the emotions of humans, really believe that he would be able to keep a tame Heaven with the parents and the murderers in the same place?

I don't buy it that you can go ahead and steal, lie, kill, and be a pure demon, repent, and then call yourself a Christian, guaranteeing yourself a spot in Heaven. Take the non-believer, who has done all he can do to help the world, cared for his children, and never even stole a candy bar while he may have been penniless and starving. Between the Sinner and Non Sinner, who goes to Heaven? The Sinner goes before the Atheist?

You, as a Believer, are going to tell me this is right, or even makes sense?