Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 05:48 PM

Default Street Wars: Stealth Assassin Game

http://streetwars.net/

This is a real life game where you are assigned a target that you must track down and 'kill' with a watergun. You play for 3 weeks in your city and the last person standing is the winner. Once you kill a target, you get their target and you can only kill your assigned target.

You can read more about the rules and how the game works on their website. The 2 videos on the main page are pretty informative also.

They really need to set this game up in Atlanta.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:53 PM

Default Re: Street Wars: Stealth Assassin Game

When I was younger this was just called Assassination and all one needed to play were friends.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:55 PM

This is a little more organized than what you're talking about. There is a Shadow Government who controls the operation from various locations.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:58 PM

During High School every year, the seniors would play this game (we called it "Killer"). It got pretty intense. People would storm into classrooms waterguns-ablazing, interrupting class and whatnot. People would go to their victims' houses and wait for them to come out to go to school. Some hired bodyguards. I imagine this wouldn't be looked upon too highly these days with Columbine and V-Tech and whatnot.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a little more organized than what you're talking about. There is a Shadow Government who controls the operation from various locations.

[/ QUOTE ]

So the Shadow Government holds the manies and does the ship it?
Old 07-17-2007, 06:01 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin_(game)
Old 07-17-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
During High School every year, the seniors would play this game (we called it "Killer"). It got pretty intense. People would storm into classrooms waterguns-ablazing, interrupting class and whatnot. People would go to their victims' houses and wait for them to come out to go to school. Some hired bodyguards. I imagine this wouldn't be looked upon too highly these days with Columbine and V-Tech and whatnot.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it adds an interesting element to the game when you don't personally know the others involved. There has to be a sort of adrenaline rush when you're hunting down someone near their home or work.

Also, you only have one assigned target at a time. There is a cash prize. I think this game will become more popular until someone is hunted down and kidnapped or something by one of the participants.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It's a slightly different game, believe me. The general premise is similar, but the game is different.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It's a slightly different game, believe me. The general premise is similar, but the game is different.

[/ QUOTE ]

The difference is that instead of thinking, "Oh [censored]! It's Todd with a Super Soaker," you get to think, "Does that guy have a Super Soak....OH [censored]!"
Old 07-17-2007, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it adds an interesting element to the game when you don't personally know the others involved. There has to be a sort of adrenaline rush when you're hunting down someone near their home or work.

Also, you only have one assigned target at a time. There is a cash prize. I think this game will become more popular until someone is hunted down and kidnapped or something by one of the participants.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's pretty much what we played. We all got one card, and when you "killed" the person on the card, you got that person's card. It got interesting when you would think that one person was after you, but then they end up getting killed and the person you're on the lookout for is no longer your killer.

It was pretty funny because I was nearly impossible to kill and the guy I was supposed to kill eventually hired me to not get killed (and to not kill him), but I eventually did get killed (and in dramatic Shakespearean fashion too) when I was betrayed by a girl who had a crush on me who happened to be dating the guy who was supposed to kill me. I went down in a spray of water; a duel to the death.