Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 11-25-2007, 10:25 AM

Default Is there anything more ridonkulous than the mid-limits in AC?

I mean, really. If you can withstand the variance, the games are incredible. In my last two sessions alone, I have seen:

a. A player call two bets preflop, two bets on the flop, a bet on turn to snag a 3rd six with Q6o

b. A player withstand 3 bets on the flop, 2 bets on the turn to hit the straight with QTo on a board of J65AK

c. A player play 3-6o in a pot raised preflop, hit a six on flop and then withstand a raise on flop to his a 3 on the turn.

d. A player who raises with every hand, literally for 1 hour straight.

e. A flop taken 10 handed.

All hands were at 20/40
Old 11-25-2007, 10:42 AM

Default Re: Is there anything more ridonkulous than the mid-limits in AC?

Most can't withstand the variance that's why there is 10 2-5NL pros in AC for every 1 limit pro.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:32 PM

I love the 10/20 in AC, esp. at the Borg. Took it for 45 BB this weekend. After coming back from Vegas (where MLHE seemed non-existant, w/ the exception of one tough 10/20 at Mirage and the shorthanded 15/30s at Bellagio) and playing in N. Cali. last year, I think AC is the best place to play MLHE. There's always a 10/20 and 20/40 in town, and almost always beatable.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:59 PM

have you seen the 1/2NL at Ceasar's in AC?
Old 11-25-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I mean, really. If you can withstand the variance, the games are incredible. In my last two sessions alone, I have seen:

a. A player call two bets preflop, two bets on the flop, a bet on turn to snag a 3rd six with Q6o

b. A player withstand 3 bets on the flop, 2 bets on the turn to hit the straight with QTo on a board of J65AK

c. A player play 3-6o in a pot raised preflop, hit a six on flop and then withstand a raise on flop to his a 3 on the turn.

All hands were at 20/40

[/ QUOTE ]

Try 10/20, a guy defended his big blind with a 3-4o heads up to my button steal with a K-8s, and proceeded to call me all the way down to my river bet when he hit a four on the flop.

This past weekend I got my pocket rockets UTG cold called by the player immediately to my left who held an 8-4 because it was suited. It went heads up to the flop where he caught 4. He called me all the way down to the river where he caught another, 4, and raised my river bet.

I look at it this way: When I return next weekend, there will be equally bad players, who will help me pay off my mortgage on my boardwalk condo, which I won the down payment for in the 10/20 and 20/40 games in Atlantic City.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

All hands were at 20/40

[/ QUOTE ]

Try 10/20, a guy defended his big blind with a 3-4o heads up to my button steal with a K-8s, and proceeded to call me all the way down to my river bet when he hit a four on the flop.

This past weekend I got my pocket rockets UTG cold called by the player immediately to my left who held an 8-4 because it was suited. It went heads up to the flop where he caught 4. He called me all the way down to the river where he caught another, 4, and raised my river bet.

I look at it this way: When I return next weekend, there will be equally bad players, who will help me pay off my mortgage on my boardwalk condo, which I won the down payment for in the 10/20 and 20/40 games in Atlantic City.

[/ QUOTE ]

Were you at the 10/20 main game in the corner of the high limit room on Wednesday nite? There was someone at my table who got his Aces cracked at least 4 times w/hands that you described.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

All hands were at 20/40

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Were you at the 10/20 main game in the corner of the high limit room on Wednesday nite? There was someone at my table who got his Aces cracked at least 4 times w/hands that you described.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope I was the guy in the main game on Friday who had my aces cracked like that.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:59 PM

The 1/2NL and 2/5NL games at foxwoods are worse than anything ive ever seen in my life. People will call raises and chase to any bet with 72s and 83s. Play solid poker and you should easily be taking money from these people tho
Old 11-25-2007, 08:18 PM

Was this at the Borgata or the Taj? Seems standard for the Taj.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
have you seen the 1/2NL at Ceasar's in AC?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am normally a Showboat/Taj/Borgata guy, but the after my recent (& first) trip to the Ceasars AC poker room, I can't think of an easier 1/2 game around.