Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 11:17 AM

Default Re: Too tricky for low stakes?

[ QUOTE ]
Yup. Bluffing 2 opponents in a split pot game is suicide.

[/ QUOTE ]

Noted. I think the idea of calling in the SB in Hold'em (which I'm finding you also can't do in a split pot game, you won't be good enough to go both ways) carried over here and then I just held on to a bad hand.

I'll definitely look into Ray Zee's book. Thanks.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:25 PM

er 7th is good [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2007, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I have odds here to defend.. and decent doorcard.

[/ QUOTE ]I very much doubt that since you're up against an A and often have your pair crushed right out of the gate. There's a big difference going up against two low cards rather than an A when you have a K as a kicker. Suddenly it's *much* easier to suck out on your two pairs.

I think the big feature is that you're going to get your KK22 paid of really good since those hits looks so much like bricks. But it's not like a split pair of 2:s is a good hand in general when up against an A and a low card.

[ QUOTE ]
Seat 6 has bricked and is dead money, imo.

[/ QUOTE ]He's probably got 9 outs against you, how can he be dead money?

[ QUOTE ]
Representing the wheel,

[/ QUOTE ]No you're not. You're just representing any low whatsoever much hope for high. People are going to call that down like 100% of the time if they have anything for high. Your only real chance is if the low-going guy bricked and the other guy just is on a draw. It's not a good spot to bluff.

If you were representing a good low you should have raised 4th.

In fact, the wheel is pretty much the last thing I would put you on since you played the earlier streets so passively. For you to have a wheel you'd have to have started with A52 and just called down on 3d and 4th when both opponents missed their low draws on 4th. And similarly for a 6-high straight, since an aggro player certainly would raise low+straight draw against to busted opponents.

Thinking about it I'd probably raise any 4-low and any pair + 3-low on fourth.

And your outs are horrible, even just against the pair of threes. And since you're not representing anything but a low he's got plenty of reason to call you with anything on the river.

The fact that a 33T bets against a made low is itself telling you that he thinks his chances for high are pretty good. Hence, he's not going to fold. And that AKQ calls him tells you the same thing, but even more so, since he's already seen 33T bet into a probably made low.

Your bet on 6th is even more horrible since you know should know that both guys think they're good enough for high that they could bet and call a checkraise on fifth. Generally speaking that means that they already bury 4422.

7th street, obviously, is well played and I would be proud to make it myself.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, even though you're showing 2-3-4, they're going to put you on a low hand or a low draw, most likely not a made straight, and they're obviously both going high. Neither one is folding to your raise; they figure you're simply pumping a 3-way pot with the expectation to win half.

[/ QUOTE ]I think this is key. What do your opponents think you are doing? You can't bluff at these stakes often, anyway, in this game. You can never get anyone off a high hand if you look like you have a lo hand. Few lo hands are straights, and as a rule, no one will assume you have one.

I don't know if you ever have the odds to call 3rd with a mediocre hand, anyway. No expert, however.