Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2007, 02:36 AM

Default Re: 15 pounds in 30 days. Doable?

You could probably do it, but it wouldn't be healthy.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You could probably do it, but it wouldn't be healthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

which one? the weight loss or the body fat?

What is the most I could lose in 1 month and not feel like dying in the process?
Old 11-04-2007, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Do you guys think this is possible? Should I give him odds?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it depends on how good of a friend he is, would you be okay cheating him or angle shooting?

Follow a diet for 28 days and hit the treadmill 5 times a week. You should lose a fair bit of weight to begin with since your inactive.

On the second last day cut back on the water, and food. On the last day next to no water and food and wear a rainsuit/wrap yourself in garbage bags and hit the sauna for the remaining time and sweat out all of the weight. If your dedicated enough you could get near the entire weight in the sauna. Once your paid, eat and rehydrate.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it depends on how good of a friend he is, would you be okay cheating him or angle shooting?

Follow a diet for 28 days and hit the treadmill 5 times a week. You should lose a fair bit of weight to begin with since your inactive.

On the second last day cut back on the water, and food. On the last day next to no water and food and wear a rainsuit/wrap yourself in garbage bags and hit the sauna for the remaining time and sweat out all of the weight. If your dedicated enough you could get near the entire weight in the sauna. Once your paid, eat and rehydrate.

[/ QUOTE ]

this pretty much explains why this is a dumb bet.

first 5-6 pounds will come very quickly, will probably lose ~10 if you've never dieted, but a lot of that will be water weight. once you're at 10lbs lost you can so easily just shed water weight, etc. making this bet (and most bets like this) pointless.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this pretty much explains why this is a dumb bet.

first 5-6 pounds will come very quickly, will probably lose ~10 if you've never dieted, but a lot of that will be water weight. once you're at 10lbs lost you can so easily just shed water weight, etc. making this bet (and most bets like this) pointless.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, god forbid I would want to lose some weight at the expense of some money.

Seriously, When my friend told me this wager, I told him it was near impossible doing it healthfully. And no, I don't want to angle-shoot or cheat my friend, if it's not possible I can always set it at a lower weight.

You guys say 10 pounds is possible with right diet/exercise, so if I go back to my friend and say 10 pounds in 30 days, should he lay me odds, or is it fine taking the bet straight up..
Old 11-04-2007, 09:14 PM

Sorry, I didn't mean to call the bet dumb, but the terms of the bet are kind of silly.

What you presumably want to do is lose bodyfat. Losing bodyfat will cause you to lose weight but when you diet you will also lose a lot of water weight immediately. This will ultimately be reflected in any bet that works with # of pounds lost in a given time frame. It's really hard to estimate how much water weight you will lose, it depends on how poorly you currently eat, your age, lifestyle, etc.

I would shoot for a more long term bet relating to your bodyfat percentage.

Do some reading about healthy weight loss on www.bodybuilding.com. People generally advocate trying to lose no more than 2 pounds per week or 1% of your weight if you're very heavy.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:16 PM

I wont get into the long answer but the short answer is yes 10lbs is attainable. You will more than likely sacrifice some muscle mass you can do it naturaly but an EC stack or a good thermogenic will help with it.

I would take the bet but as others agreed it is fairly silly. You could still drop more weight wihtout resulting to cutting weight or starvation etc.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:19 PM

u would lose a lot of muscle and probably feel like trash after a month but u could do it if u wanted.