Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: My Sharkscope stats are off by:
Results, please 5 8.20%
0 % 35 57.38%
1-3 % 13 21.31%
4-6 % 2 3.28%
> 6 % 6 9.84%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 05:07 PM

Default Re: We haven\'t won yet: latest (10/19) cliff\'s notes on AP scandal

Mohawk is publicly traded???

O RLY
Old 10-20-2007, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

4) The guy posting on Pocketfives about his account being compromised in July seems like a bit of a whack-job. However, it is indeed possible that his account was hacked from "the inside", and that GRAYCAT and DOUBLEDRAG were also compromised accounts. Also note that GRAYCAT and DOUBLEDRAG were the first cheating accounts on the scene, while STEAMROLLER and DOUBLEDRAG only started cheating after they got more blatant. Oh... just remembered this: Two different people have reported to me that STEAMROLLER had flashed between $200k and $500k on the table in the past, bragging that he had "wired it in". There was no record of STEAMROLLER winning at that point, so that gives even more reason to believe that it's a staff account.

[/ QUOTE ]

Take a look at my second to last post in this thread about this. The same thing happened to my roomate Phwap who used to play high stakes NL on the site.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:09 PM

Is there a chance these cheaters could be prosecuted in multiple jurisdictions? They cheated players from the United States and several other countries. Could those countries issue arrest warrants for each of those involved?

Could this be construed as wire fraud in the United States? What about money laundering, income tax evasion, etc? It sounds as if most of those involved are citizens of the United States. They seem to be 'jetsetters' and travel all over the world. Should they be watching out for each countries feds at each airport?

I did not see this covered so I am sorry if it was covered and missed it. I think Adanthar and several other posters are attorneys. Thanks in advance for any information you can add.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Old 10-20-2007, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
KBZ,

I 100% agree with you. Without any regulation, even the "established" places carry lots of risks. However, sticking w/ the biggest sites is likely to at least reduce the risk somewhat.

[/ QUOTE ]

100% agree with this.

I have actually said this for years, which is why I laughed at young punks who would flash 200k bankrolls at smaller sites.

All sites have some degree of risk, but the "Big Two" (Full Tilt and Pokerstars) have too much to lose if a major scandal unfolds. Therefore, it is in their best interest to always run an honest shop.

The smaller sites -- even medium-sized ones like AP and UB -- always pose a greater risk for trouble. This includes both sides of the security coin -- cheating by the staff (as in this situation) and being a victim of bogus cheating accusations (i.e. getting your funds frozen/confiscated for no reason). The latter is actually a much greater danger than the former, but now we see that both can happen.

It is true that smaller sites often have better games than Tilt and Stars, but you're giving up some security and peace of mind. Like everything else in life, it's a risk-reward situation. I do play on small sites, but honestly, nothing that happens at these places surprises me. I try to keep my roll functional but relatively small in those places.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:12 PM

these guys are crooked. the scott and phil toms of the world need to be taken down. someone needs to get the FBI involved in this mess.

has anyone contacted the costa rican version of the FBI yet?
Old 10-20-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
these guys are crooked. the scott and phil toms of the world need to be taken down. someone needs to get the FBI involved in this mess.

has anyone contacted the costa rican version of the FBI yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol I give up
Old 10-20-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

O RLY

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf, the tribe is publicly traded? Must be a "business enterprise" corporate entity owned by...the tribe...tribal members...?.... Chief ...

Edit
gg
Old 10-20-2007, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

O RLY

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, NYSE. I tried to tell you all this, but it got lost in the myriad of posts. That's probably also a partial reason Stars is keeping mum. They know where their bread is buttered.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:15 PM

As far as I'm concerned, no matter what happens jumping forward, the cover up after the fact and the failed attempt to keep the victimized players stolen funds is enough for me to finally realize AP's time in online poker is OVER.

I think it's time we realize that it really doesn't matter what happens from here on out. The cover up is so grievous in itself. Online poker has never witnessed theft and lying on this magnitude from a once respected poker room. AP is now the new Dutch Boyd.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:16 PM

ticker symbol?
Closed Thread