Old 10-23-2007, 04:50 AM

Default Re: Uncomfortable AA spot in the Nightly 100k

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fold no rivers.

[/ QUOTE ]

o rly?

[/ QUOTE ]

What rivers are you folding then assuming you call this turn bet?
Old 10-23-2007, 05:01 AM

ummm depends on betting. but a hell of a lot of rivers im folding like a J/T/Q/7. etc.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ummm depends on betting. but a hell of a lot of rivers im folding like a J/T/Q/7. etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, ok, my bad. I just know that I would get stubborn a lot of the time if I call this turn given that is the 100k vs an unknown and we will be getting just over 2:1 for our stack on the river. But I play bad. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2007, 05:23 AM

I think its close between:

1. folding right away
2. calling with the plan to raise/push any safe turn if he bets
Old 10-23-2007, 11:22 AM

I'd fold on the turn. His line looks super strong.

Based on this and other threads, there are a lot of good Internet tournament players on this board who will never fold AA, which may be right against randoms.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:44 PM

I think if you bet more on flop, maybe 180, you can better assess where you're at. 140 like AK AQ too much. I know it seems weird villain could think he could take hero off AK AQ with a little more than a min raise, but who knows, maybe villain doesn't think it will take much.

180 and I think you learn more from a re-raise and makes it easier for you to find a fold on flop with all those 2p sets out there.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:21 PM

From the way that you put it, baltostar, it sounds like 180 makes it easier for villain to find out where he's at.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:19 AM

I agree that it looks more like a big hand to many villains, but on scary boards I like leading overpairs very strong because it accomplishes the following :

1. if villain has hit 2p set, it indicates to him that he might be able to stack you and he's more likely to get started building the pot now and make a big raise, which lets you get away on the flop from probably going broke

2. if villain is on a draw he's more likely to fold it now, and if not, and scare card doesn't hit, even more likely to fold when bet into on turn. If it's a big combo draw, he's likely to re-raise allin and if you know he likes to play this way you can make an EV+ call quite often.

3. even if he's got a moster and he calls, this gives you the information you need to exercise some pot control, or make a better fold decision on turn/river

I'd prefer to pay a little more upfront for better information.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that it looks more like a big hand to many villains, but on scary boards I like leading overpairs very strong because it accomplishes the following :

1. if villain has hit 2p set, it indicates to him that he might be able to stack you and he's more likely to get started building the pot now and make a big raise, which lets you get away on the flop from probably going broke

2. if villain is on a draw he's more likely to fold it now, and if not, and scare card doesn't hit, even more likely to fold when bet into on turn. If it's a big combo draw, he's likely to re-raise allin and if you know he likes to play this way you can make an EV+ call quite often.

3. even if he's got a moster and he calls, this gives you the information you need to exercise some pot control, or make a better fold decision on turn/river

[/ QUOTE ]

My brain hurts (from trying to grasp the fact you think that you're good at these things)
Old 10-24-2007, 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dhdhjsdhgdgdahdh

BET TO FIND OUT WHERE YOU'RE AT PEOPLE!!