Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2007, 07:13 AM

Default Re: Romantic things to do in Vegas...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
good thread.

one thing i realised this weekend is that it's easy to forget just how impressive the service at delmonicos is to someone who doesn't eat at balla restaurants all the time. she will absolutely love it.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry to hijack, but what makes it so great? Not being sarcastic just never been there and im curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

your table has a team of waiters, when they bring a course everythjing is placed down in front of you at the same time, the staff are very knowledgeable and pleasant, then theres little touches like them folding your napkin when you go to the bathroom, etc. i have been about 4 times now and don't really notice stuff like this anymore but a girl i went with last week had a big smile on her face throughout the meal. plus the food is great.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

sorry to hijack, but what makes it so great? Not being sarcastic just never been there and im curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Recently, I had dinner there with my brother. He was going to arrive about 15 minutes late. They had no problem seating me, taking a drink order, and just letting me wait. No stares or busy bodying me. A small touch, but indicative of good service. The rest of the dinner, they treated us like kings.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:04 PM

Default Re: Romantic things to do in Vegas... *DELETED*

Post deleted by El Diablo
Old 07-08-2007, 08:40 PM

I was planning to take my wife to see Phantom of the Opera at the Venetian sometime during Christmas season. Seems to be a romantic enough show and a good Xmas present.

A few comments:

* What's the deal with the price of rooms at the Venetian? It's $100/night more than even the Wynn or the Bellagio. I can't imagine it's worth $350/night when I can stay at the Bellagio for $250/night, right? (I've never stayed at a nice Vegas hotel. Last two times I was at the Luxor and the Tropicana, so I'm willing to spend more, but not that much more.)

* Is there a secondary market for show tickets? I can't find any Phantom tickets at Stubhub. That worries me because, if I buy these tickets now, but can't make the show, will I be able to get a refund or get rid of the tickets?

* How's MGM Grand Signature? Hotels.com gives it a rave review. Is it as nice as Wynn/Bellagio?
Old 07-08-2007, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what is it about steakhouses that you morons fail to understand makes them romantic, THEY ARE NOT, FANCY, EXPENSIVE, LAVISH, but ROMANTIC THEY ARE NOT;asldkjfas;ldkjfa;dsklfj;askldjf;askljd;askldfj as;ldkjfa;ldskfj;laskdfj;laskdfl;asdfkjlasd;lfkjas ;ldfkj

[/ QUOTE ]

this is obv correct. get french.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
* What's the deal with the price of rooms at the Venetian? It's $100/night more than even the Wynn or the Bellagio. I can't imagine it's worth $350/night when I can stay at the Bellagio for $250/night, right? (I've never stayed at a nice Vegas hotel. Last two times I was at the Luxor and the Tropicana, so I'm willing to spend more, but not that much more.)

[/ QUOTE ]

i used to always stay at venetian 4-5 yrs ago, but the rooms are now really outdated decor wise and def not as nice as wynn or bellagio.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
good thread.

one thing i realised this weekend is that it's easy to forget just how impressive the service at delmonicos is to someone who doesn't eat at balla restaurants all the time. she will absolutely love it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

your table has a team of waiters, when they bring a course everythjing is placed down in front of you at the same time, the staff are very knowledgeable and pleasant, then theres little touches like them folding your napkin when you go to the bathroom, etc. i have been about 4 times now and don't really notice stuff like this anymore but a girl i went with last week had a big smile on her face throughout the meal. plus the food is great.

[/ QUOTE ]

I posted back in the Restaurants in LV thread I think in B&M that our experience at Delmonico's was only "better than average" imo.
The steak I had was not terrific. No, I don't remember what I ordered.

Based on everyone else's drooling for this place I wouldn't be opposed to giving it another try but we'll have a lot of other restaurants to try too when we get back out to LV again and since we've already done Delmonico's and it wasn't mind-blowingly spectacular for us I don't think it will be very high on the list.

However, Nobu is a restaurant that we already tried also, and I'm pretty sure that's going to be one of the FIRST places we hit upon our return to LV.

Delmonico's wasn't lousy in the least. But we were hardly blown-away.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:38 AM

bob,

we had been to delmonicos earlier on the trip and it was very busy. we got put on a table round the outside of the room, had one server, the food was blah, mediocrity all round. the second time we went back was perfection.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fountains at Bellagio. GF really liked it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It worked for me.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:53 AM

our house for barbeque and beers, obv.

seriously though, great restaraunts and shows at all the big hotels, youll have no issue finding anything.

I personally thought that Jubilee was very well done...i dont know if you feel comfortable taking her to a topless show though, but its mainly couples anyways and pretty upscale.