Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 05:01 PM

Default Re: Team Pokerstars Adds Four Members

[ QUOTE ]
E-mail pokerstars and tell them that their additions of Team Pokerstars (that effectively you pay for) make you less interested in playing at their site. I agree that perks should be increased for Supernova players instead. Whoever is in charge of marketing really is idiotic.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, understand that PokerStars isn't interested in you as a demographic. You already know their site is quality and that you can find games and security there. Furthermore, is there a single person on the planet aside from yourself whose signing would make you want to play there more?

These signings are trying to reach out to untapped markets. The Lam signing is obviously in the tradition of WSOP success at PS, and Khan was probably signed because he's getting a lot of exposure wearing their shirt on this year's WSOP broadcasts, but Dario was signed to appeal to the growing Euro markets (his online presence is a nice bonus) while Rahme is obviously a pre-emptive stab at Africa.

One thing I like about the signings of Rahme and Kahn (and Lam? Can't remember at the moment if he was sponsored by Stars at WSOP) is it shows a dedication to their qualifiers. It says 'Use PokerStars to get in and win and we'll take care of you afterwards'.

I'm guessing they didn't spend all that much on these four. None of them are a PR dream (though Lam might be a wolf in sheeps clothing), which didn't give the players much in the way of leverage. All of the above makes these deals seem pretty smart to me on the surface.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but Dario was signed to appeal to the growing Euro markets (his online presence is a nice bonus)

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. awful play + hyper aggro = huge spew to the benefit of the general population.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Nick,

At the time I think ( I might be off a little bit) I had around 8 million in chips and was in third place. Jamie had about 17 and Allen had about 12.
If I don't get 2 outed then I would of had roughly 12 million with 11 people left.
As it was I got knocked down to about 4 million and went totally card dead for the last 3 or 4 hours and ended up with a little over 2.5 to start the final table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Dan. First off congrats on your ME final table last year. Sucks that you entered the final table so shortstacked b/c I was definately rooting for the St. Louis guy to win.

Anyway, I wanted to ask if you play live poker in the STL area (assuming you still live here). If so, is it at the Maryland Heights Harrah's or Ameristar?