Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2007, 07:58 PM

Default Re: Almost in a bar fight/Racism......Follow up.

Moving away from the topic of dogs for a second...

Here's one thing I learned when I was in high school. A good way to find out if your enlightened, bleeding-heart-liberal mother is in fact a racist is to suggest to her that you wouldn't mind dating the cute black guy who just moved in down the street. Talk about rebukes.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:33 PM

lol i like that
Old 07-24-2007, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A gay dog has a gay owner. This is all science, people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people simply tell you what they think you want to hear.

I could read on it.....

I hate thinking that I am duped.

Preliminary reading has found that the pet owner relationship is similar to parent/child relationship.

I mean, who would actually write (besides me) that if your dog is mean, you are probably an ***hole.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Martin Luther King...... “I Have a Dream” August 28, 1963. - “I have a dream......that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm always perplexed that the above quote is not how we naturally think as humans. Great post, Myrtle.

Growing up in NJ as an Italian kid I heard lots of negative comments from my cousins and neighbors about "sp*icks," "micks," "hebes" and "moolies." I never did understand how you can judge someone solely based on the color of his skin. I guess I need to thank my folks for that attitude.

I remember having my best friend from college visiting NJ with me over a holiday, and my cousin Mike coming up to me and asking why I would bring a [censored] to Thanksgiving dinner. Amazing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dom.......

I grew up in a family where Italian was spoken at the Sunday dinner table.

We probably have much in common.

I am also perplexed at the hypocrisy (especially in the USA) surrounding the issues of both race & class.

Unfortunately for me, at 60 years old, that state of mind has been morphing into a combination of exasperation and depression given the events in our country these past twenty years or so.

I have thoughts on the subject......

I hesitate to share them with any but my closest friends, as I've learned that pissing up a rope only leads to slipping further into the abyss.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:54 PM

The first black kid I ever met called me the "C" word.

Summer of '73, I was 11. First day of summer camp, and I'm walking towards my assigned cabin with my buddy. As I'm approaching the cabin I notice there are three boys on the front porch laughing it up. One of them is a black kid about 13 years old. The black kid looked down at me and said, "Hey Cracker!" I had no idea what he meant so I said, "What's a cracker?" He said, "What's a cracker? You're a cracker! ahhh ha ha ha"

[He was a nice kid who later offered to beat up an older kid who had pushed me down. I talked him out of it because the older kid would have beat the s_!t out of him. The only other black kid I was even remotely familiar with at that time was Rodney Allen Rippy.]

Old 08-10-2007, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Graduation was now a few weeks away, for those who made it. After school one day, Andrew was walking through the parking lot of Wendy's and the corner of 140th street and Lorraine Avenue, one of the busiest intersections on the city. Three cards pulled up and 20 black people stepped out and beat Andrew near to death. He managed to stand up after the lynching, but he collapsed to the ground. He lost an eye, had to have reconstruction surgery on his face, lost a lot of his hair and suffered many broken bones. I heard he wanted me to visit him in the hospital. I never could do it. I left the clique shortly after that, and I never heard of him, or my old friends again.

[/ QUOTE ]

and this is exactly why i will never send my kids to a school that is more than roughly 3% black.

i do not want any of my kids beaten nearly to death.

i have been witness to so much violence between blacks and whites, and in every single case it has been the blacks beating on the whites.

there was one case a while back, i had a boss that called a black man a [censored] at a bar because he was hitting on a white girl and the white girl kept rejecting him. the black guy may have only made a couple of attempts, but it made me sick hearing this guy i worked for say this. the black guy had to walk away because he was outnumbered. it was really disgusting. the boss was from louisanna and we were in the midwest at the time.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Graduation was now a few weeks away, for those who made it. After school one day, Andrew was walking through the parking lot of Wendy's and the corner of 140th street and Lorraine Avenue, one of the busiest intersections on the city. Three cards pulled up and 20 black people stepped out and beat Andrew near to death. He managed to stand up after the lynching, but he collapsed to the ground. He lost an eye, had to have reconstruction surgery on his face, lost a lot of his hair and suffered many broken bones. I heard he wanted me to visit him in the hospital. I never could do it. I left the clique shortly after that, and I never heard of him, or my old friends again.

[/ QUOTE ]

and this is exactly why i will never send my kids to a school that is more than roughly 3% black.

i do not want any of my kids beaten nearly to death.

i have been witness to so much violence between blacks and whites, and in every single case it has been the blacks beating on the whites.

there was one case a while back, i had a boss that called a black man a [censored] at a bar because he was hitting on a white girl and the white girl kept rejecting him. the black guy may have only made a couple of attempts, but it made me sick hearing this guy i worked for say this. the black guy had to walk away because he was outnumbered. it was really disgusting. the boss was from louisanna and we were in the midwest at the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not wanted in these parts of the forum.

Seriously though, what are you getting at? No one here is going to deny that black inner city culture is pretty violent and racist. By discussing it like you do, you're feeding into the problem, and you don't seem to have any concept of the root of racial issues. You isolate a black on white crime incident to reason out not sending kids to a school with any blacks, then throw in an anecdote about a time that racism made you feel all weird inside? What kind of BS smokescreen is that?
Old 08-10-2007, 09:26 PM

He said he has been witness to lots of violence, not that his attitude was prompted by a single incident.

Growing up as the only white kid on the block and one of the few in the neighborhood in Guam, and seeing the huge disgusting anti-white hatred from the locals there, and then seeing a smaller but still very real and often dangerous amount of it in Hawaii, I can see where he's coming from. I would never want to subject my kids to what I went through. Not even just the violence, but the hatred. The lack of companionship. The fear and contempt.

It's very important to me that parents do the best by their children. I didn't have that and don't want to pass on that same mistake to my kids. I would never use my kids as part of a social statement, to be the little sacrifices I use to fulfill perceived social obligations or accrue my own karma or whatever. To me, it's the kids first and always. My social theories will always take a far distant priority compared to any kids I might have. They will never be my pawns. Parents owe their kids at LEAST that much.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He said he has been witness to lots of violence, not that his attitude was prompted by a single incident.

Growing up as the only white kid on the block and one of the few in the neighborhood in Guam, and seeing the huge disgusting anti-white hatred from the locals there, and then seeing a smaller but still very real and often dangerous amount of it in Hawaii, I can see where he's coming from. I would never want to subject my kids to what I went through. Not even just the violence, but the hatred. The lack of companionship. The fear and contempt.

It's very important to me that parents do the best by their children. I didn't have that and don't want to pass on that same mistake to my kids. I would never use my kids as part of a social statement, to be the little sacrifices I use to fulfill perceived social obligations or accrue my own karma or whatever. To me, it's the kids first and always. My social theories will always take a far distance priority compared to any kids I might have. They will never be my pawns. Parents owe their kids at LEAST that much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize he's not just referring to once incident, but he is basically diagnosing that blacks are the problem when it's a vast and complex issue that, arguably, no one fully understands. To say that you wouldn't send your kids to a school with over 3% blacks when in all likelihood a school like that is going to see 10 times as much white on black hate than the other way around, is asinine.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I realize he's not just referring to once incident, but he is basically diagnosing that blacks are the problem when it's a vast and complex issue that, arguably, no one fully understands. To say that you wouldn't send your kids to a school with over 3% blacks when in all likelihood a school like that is going to see 10 times as much white on black hate than the other way around, is asinine.

[/ QUOTE ]

i went to a high school that was roughly 3% black. I never saw any hatred at all towards any of them. I saw the bullying of the mentally challenged and other people who were labeled as misfits but none towards any of the black kids.

The causes are irrelevant to a parent's decision where to send their kids to school.

Completely IRRELEVANT.

What matters is that your kids are safe, and they are not safe going to schools where they are in a minority. I also would not send them to a school that was 100% white but had a long history of drug dealing, violence, and poor academic achievement.