Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2006, 08:54 AM

Default MISH-MASH MAFIA I (game thread)

As the town of Poggerville rapidly expands, fewer and fewer villagers know each other. Neighbor may not recognize neighbor. While the community knows they have a cop and a doctor (as they always have), they really aren't sure what the rest of their neighbors have been up to.

IT IS MORNING.

The residents of Poggerville awake to a scream. They rush to the house it emanates from. They find Jessica Alba, hunched over a bullet-riddled body. Madtown's body. Jessica Alba, in tears over her lover's death, cries out,

"Whomever did this MUST be brought to justice!"

As the villagers walk back toward their town hall, they begin to talk. Who will be the first lynch mob victim?

PLAYERS
Kyro
Waterloo
Zurvan
tigerite
Greekhouse
chuckleslovakian
xorbie
Tokyo!!
Shortline99
BucsNo1
MEbenhoe
Hornacek
amplify
wdcbooks
SWB
kbar
Voracious Reader
Runkmud
bennies
vox
fnord

---

Players may discuss, but may not vote. Voting will open at 5 PM Eastern, at the TOWN MEETING. At the town meeting, 11 votes will be necessary to lynch (or for "no lynch" to decide to go without lynching). A clarification of the roles will follow this post shortly. See the original post for the flow of the game (times for night, day, and town meeting) and rules.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:00 AM

Default Re: MISH-MASH MAFIA I (game thread)

I would start with a vote and jump arround a lot to see reactions, but I am going to be leaving until late tonight soon and don't want to leave a fixed vote that may possibly be exploitable.

Give me some good stuff to read for when I get home tonight, I feel like I am finally picking up on mafia/villager posting characteristics.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:03 AM

OMFG Madtown was having an affair with my lover?

Edit: I can't read.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:04 AM

Could it possibly be as easy as just lynching Greekhouse?
Old 04-24-2006, 09:14 AM

THE SET-UP

Confirmed roles (aka, roles ABSOLUTELY in the game):
5 Mafia
1 Doctor (aka Angel -- cannot protect self. if protecting a Cop, success rate of protection drops to 50%. doctor is not informed they are protecting a cop.)
1 Cop (aka Seer)

Also, 6 roles will be chosen from the ones listed below. There are pro-town, pro-mafia, and neutral roles, and they are broken down as such below.

POSSIBLE ROLES BENEFICIAL TO THE TOWN (3 ROLES)
1. Deputy -- Shows up as "deputy" if investigated. The deputy becomes a cop only once the original cop has been killed. The deputy also recieves the results of the first cop's investigations. The deputy may not be contacted by the original cop outside the thread. Wins with the town.

2. Nurse -- Shows up as "nurse" if investigated. The nurse becomes a doctor only once the original doctor has been killed. Wins with the town.

3. Martyr -- Shows up as "villager" if investigated. A villager with the option to protect a player at night. If the protected player is targeted for death, the Martyr is killed instead. The Martyr is not required to exercise this option -- it is most useful to protect an outed cop/doctor. As opposed to the doctor, a martyr's protection is 100% effective when used on a doctor (but, obviously, only lasts one night). The martyr wins with the town.

4. Masons -- Shows up as "villager" if investigated. 2 villagers who know each other to be honest villagers. The two masons will be PMed each others' identities, and may talk outside the thread at any time. If a mason is killed, the surviving mason may attempt to recruit a new member to replace his fallen friend the following night. If he attempts to recruit a mafia member, the mason dies. If he is targeted by the mafia on the night of a conversion attempt, he dies but the conversion succeeds (and the new mason may now attempt a conversion). After two conversions, the masonic lodge membership is closed. The masons win with the town.

Note: Since there are 2 masons, it counts for two pro-town roles if selected.

POSSIBLE ROLES BENEFICIAL TO THE MAFIA (2 ROLES)
1. Miller -- Shows up as "mafia" if investigated. The Miller is a guilty-looking villager. The Miller does not know he's the Miller -- he is simply told he is a villager. The Miller wins with the town.

2. Godfather -- Shows up as "villager" if investigated. As the head of the mafia, The Godfather is distanced from his dirty dealings and thus appears innocent to cops.

Note: The Godfather role, if randomly chosen, does not add a 6th mafia member. One of the 5 mafia already chosen simply get this bonus Godfather power.

3. Terrorist -- Shows up as "terrorist" if investigated. An extra member of the mafia, who may suicide bomb a villager during the day. Due to his terrorist actions, the terrorist and the regular mafia may not speak outside the thread for fear of leaving a trail back to the original mafia. However, the terrorist knows who the mafia are and they know who he is.

When the terrorist chooses to suicide bomb another player during the day, they may announce it with a big, long, bolded explosion scene. Anyone IMPERSONATING the terrorist will be mod-killed, so fake suicide bombing are not advised (and you can assume any posted are for real, even if I haven't gotten on yet to verify).

The terrorist wins with the mafia. If all normal mafia are killed off before the terrorist, he blows himself up and the village wins.

4. Traitor -- Shows up as "villager" if investigated. A traitor knows who the mafia members are, but is hidden from the mafia. The traitor works during the day to prevent the mafia from being lynched, and appears innocent to cops. The traitor wins with the mafia; however, the village does not need to kill the traitor to win.

POSSIBLE NEUTRAL ROLES (1 ROLE)
1. Serial Killer -- Shows up as "villager" if investigated. A one-man killing team whose goal is to be the last man standing. Gets a night kill, just like mafia. Appears to be a regular villager to cops. Think of him as a lone werewolf, or the last remaining member of a rival mafia family, out for revenge. The SK wins if he's the last one alive.

2. Ninja -- Shows up as "villager" if investigated. Chooses two people to "swap places" in the night. If the ninja swaps Person A and Person B, then:

- if mafia targets A, B dies.
- if the doctor targets A, B is protected.
- if the cop looks into A (a mafia member), B (a villager) appears guilty.

Etc, etc.

3. The Flying Great Pumpking -- Shows up as "villager" if investigated. A villager who will be asked for a target each night. I have a list of potential actions to be taken on that target, ranging from protection to death to anything in between (see original sign-up thread for examples, although that list is by no means comprehensive). The Flying Great Pumpkin has no idea which action will be taken in advance, nor will they always know for sure which action was taken after. The Flying Great Pumpkin can refuse to name a target, but cannot refuse two nights consecutively (so, if The FGP is afraid of using his power, he may refrain every other night).
Old 04-24-2006, 09:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OMFG WHO KILLED MY WIFE???

[/ QUOTE ]

No one, someone killed that playa Madtown who she was having an affari with....

Hmmm, jealous husband maybe?

Edit - no need for a quoted broken link....
Old 04-24-2006, 09:15 AM

By the way, I know I said we'd be starting in night, but I wasn't around last night to get picks from everyone and blah blah blah. My "death" is simply to get the story part going. No one got any night actions last night -- the cop didn't investigate, the doctor didn't protect, and the mafia didn't kill.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:14 AM

Let's do this.

Vote Greekhouse
Old 04-24-2006, 10:28 AM

Two role questions:

a) If there is a Godfather, do the mafia members know that he exists, and do they know who it is?
b) If there is a Miller, do the mafia know who he is?
Old 04-24-2006, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Two role questions:

a) If there is a Godfather, do the mafia members know that he exists, and do they know who it is?
b) If there is a Miller, do the mafia know who he is?

[/ QUOTE ]

a) Yes.
b) No. In fact, if there is a Miller, no one will know who he is until after the game (if lynched, he also shows up as villager).