Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL

Old 11-12-2007, 03:55 PM

Default KJs live 1/2: TP bet sizing

I have to get more comfortable playing these suited broadways in NL. I've folded to rr in the past but this reraise (and the player doing it) was such a jopke i had to see the flop.
Read on button is that he's blown thru 1 buy-in and seemed a little shaken but quickly brought out another $200. Makes bluffs when he "smells weakness" but his sniffer doesn't seem to be working.

1/2 nl foxwoods
stacks me $175 coldcaller $700 button $225

Hero is in MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
foldedto hero who raises to $7
next guy (big stack) coldcalls
button rr to $15
everyone else folds, us 2 call

Flop (3 players, $48) -- hero's SPR is about 3.3
K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero bets $25

this is with the intention of testing the waters. It's a drawy board and I don't think AA/AK is getting too fancy with a slowplay here. I rarely see a club draw make the push and big stack though he gambles a little, likes to avoid escalating conflict with marginal hands.

so next guy folds
button calls

Turn (2 players, $98): 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero bets $50

I am committing with TP+OESD.
How do you like this vs. betting closer to pot size?
What is villain's range?
How about the flop bet size?
Old 11-12-2007, 04:12 PM

Default Re: KJs live 1/2: TP bet sizing

Did you consider c/r ing flop? From your profile of him, it seem like a bet from the button is inevitable, and you increase the chances of getting it heads up by squeezing out the cold caller or defining his hand. (As it happens, he folded anyway, but still.)

A flop c/r will increases your chances of taking the pot down with a thin holding and mitigates your poor position on later streets.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you consider c/r ing flop?
A flop c/r will increases your chances of taking the pot down with a thin holding and mitigates your poor position on later streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not a bad idea and I thought about it briefly.

I don't consider my holding to be relatively thin until I get some information about the other players' reactions. However if I c/r (potsize to $80+) I'm not leaving myself an opportunity to get away from the hand on the flop, esp. with TPGK+gutshot and half my stack in the pot.

Betting out squeezed the player in between from calling with a marginal hand and made absolutely sure it didn't get checked through.
So given that I decided to bet, what do you think of the bet sizes?
Old 11-13-2007, 02:38 PM

I don't play enough at Foxwoods to know how bet sizes are interpreted, but I would have led for a hair more, like $30. That way when I flop huge and want to bet big my bet size will be similar.

But since you're posting from Providence, let me give you some actual useful advice: eat Caserta Pizza on the Hill.