Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Absolutely heated about JC Tran situation at Foxwoods

not even that interesting tbh
Old 11-08-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He looks legit:

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you're kidding, he looks like a live one more than anyone I can remember. Not to mention, Tran limp UTG, Giang limp late, Raise A7o, overshove into 995 flop vs Tran. Real legit....
Old 11-08-2007, 02:04 PM

I read that yesterday and was absolutely disgusted. Now after seeing the video, it just fuels my disgustation even further. Bad ruling, and bad dealer.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:04 PM

this is standard practice.

the tournament director did what any of them would do. the dealer was correct. regardless of what you think should have happened this situation was dealt with correctly.

now in the world of should. i agree with you that the hand SHOULD have been dead. we don't play in the world of should though. suck it up.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:09 PM

Yeah,

It REALLY sucks to be JC in this spot, but actually, OP, you are wrong. Tournament rules state that all-in players must have their hands turned faceup, and this is for good and obvious reasons. In a cash game, this would be a travesty, but here, it's just a terrible beat (2 beats rolled into 1) for JC. Nice to see the dipwad who won the hand get eliminated, though; he is blatantly lying when the floor comes over.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:11 PM

having these people learn to let the cards speak > some ridiculous rule than HELPS deter collusion. Honestly, if I wanted to dump chips to someone, this would be the most hysterically simple defense to get around. Whether it be talking about a certain signal or what....ever. Just honestly, the rule clearly needs some serious attention. This is horrible for the integrity of this game.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:11 PM

The dealer was correct, there is no such thing as "Magicmuck", I don't care what anybody says. In a tourney (if this was a cash game it's different) where all-in hands must be exposed the dealer did the right thing as the hand was obviously retrievable. This hand wouldn't even be known unless the guy didn't go runner runner for the straight.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:14 PM

Location: You just can\'t deal with the fact that I have a superthin wife with huge cans.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He looks legit:

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you're kidding, he looks like a live one more than anyone I can remember. Not to mention, Tran limp UTG, Giang limp late, Raise A7o, overshove into 995 flop vs Tran. Real legit....

[/ QUOTE ]

East coast players are good.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:15 PM

the ruling was totally correct...it just really pissed me off how the guy acted afterwards...lying p.o.s.

he coulda just been like yea i did muck them but a rules a rule im sorry man tough beat...not act like an embarrassment
Old 11-08-2007, 02:16 PM

So if he had not drawn out on JC and said "Hey I mucked my cards" what should the floor decision be? What would he have had to do for this to have been a muck?

I guess I am baffled that if I am in an all in confrontation and muck my cards without saying "I fold" and they do not slide into the muck pile then my hand is still live even though I mucked them face down the dealer can flip them over and deal out the rest of the hand?

I am confused.