Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $351.50
UTG+1: $188.90
CO: $154.10
Button: $225.55
SB: $182.70
HERO: $310.90

Pre-flop: (6 players) HERO is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $10</font>, 3 folds, HERO calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($31, 3 players)
HERO checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $22</font>.

First off, should I have repopped PF? Obv. I didn,t so now does holding an ace add a ton of value to our hand? Assuming we raise here, what do we do if he 3 bets? If we raise and he calls, do we lead if a brick comes? If we decide to call here, what is our plan for the turn? So many questions, I need help.... =(
Old 10-04-2007, 03:20 AM

Default Re: A-Q-x flop holding QQ line?

Raise this draw heavy board and call push.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:41 AM

I actually don't mind calling and then c/r turn. I know a lot of people are going to hate it, but think about what hand UTG+1 is repping? We have the Kd so the only hand he is stacking off with here on this flop is KKJdTd or AAA. If we call though, he is more likely to continue with his "obv. AAA" as he is less likely to check behind a flush draw because he thinks you have it! Also there is no reason to suspect that he cannot have a huge number of hands that are drawing dead or very slim and he will have to be afraid of a diamond himself if one is to come off on the turn. Also given stack sizes, if you c/c flop there will now be enough to c/r all-in on the 27 cards out of 44 remaining that will improve your hand, not to mention even a T or J or diamond may still be winning the pot. I def do not always advocate this play but in this spot it def can be made.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually don't mind calling and then c/r turn. I know a lot of people are going to hate it, but think about what hand UTG+1 is repping?

[/ QUOTE ]

AKJT type of hands are the most likely holding. What do you do if you call flop and turn completes straight or flush draw and he pots?
Old 10-04-2007, 05:41 AM

i lead out with a PSB here, and make my next move based on reads - if hes running 18/2/1.5 i can probably find a fold if he repots.

anything else and its going all in
Old 10-04-2007, 06:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I actually don't mind calling and then c/r turn. I know a lot of people are going to hate it, but think about what hand UTG+1 is repping?

[/ QUOTE ]

AKJT type of hands are the most likely holding. What do you do if you call flop and turn completes straight or flush draw and he pots?

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did you get that from?
Old 10-04-2007, 06:34 AM

i'd lead flop.

as played i'd think i tend to call and pot every non KJT, non-diamond turn. but i am not sure if this is a great line.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:43 AM

Villain potted pre-flop and pots semi-dangerous flop without K of diamonds or set of queens into 2 players. Usually villain has ace.

High card hands are usual raising hands pre-flop. I think big draw or multi-way hand is pretty likely, more likely than set of aces or complete bluff.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:29 AM

just raise and get it in. call and cr turn is OK if he firest a lot of 2nd barrels with air, but usually you should just raise here.