Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Castration or amputation?
Amputation 7 17.07%
Castration 26 63.41%
Results Please 8 19.51%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-14-2007, 11:37 AM

Default Re: Draw HH Tracker

Hmm... You can't get a read on a player without the HUD numbers? That's probably because you play a lot of tables, not because it's on the internet... But it's just my crummy 2c, as usual... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

And of course the HUD numbers is a (crude) read on a player. You don't think that knowing if a player is tight or loose is a first/basic/crude read on a player? Not much meat, but still a read.

Also, there's no need to "level the playing field" between B&M and online poker. To level the playing field is to make sure that all competitors in a competition are competing under the same conditions, NOT to make sure that competitors in DIFFERENT competitions are competing under the same conditions...

And anyway, I think that the note taking features in most poker clients should be enough to compensate for not being able to see your opponents.

But, whatever ones opinion on that is, everyone should be able to see, I think, that, in the discussion on level playing fields, third party support software like HUDs are of course making the playing field (in online poker) LESS level, rather than more! That IS the reason that you are using that kind of software, to get a playing field that is more to your advantage compared to your opponents that is not using that kind of support software.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
third party support software like HUDs are of course making the playing field (in online poker) LESS level, rather than more! That IS the reason that you are using that kind of software, to get a playing field that is more to your advantage compared to your opponents that is not using that kind of support software.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's also why we read poker books and poker forums, and think about the way we play both while we're playing hands and while we aren't.

Trying to have a level playing field between me and the drunk guy who's convinced his quads are good in a 2-7 game is already pointless. Most of my play is TD27 and therefore HUD-free, but playing HUD-free and playing with a HUD really aren't all that different.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:14 PM

I think that if someone wants to learn to play draw, they will, if someone wants to play draw without any knowledge, they will. If you don't want a HUD, You might as well advocate destroying all articles written about draw because the fish will read them and then there won't be fish. Wrong, fish don't read poker articles, at least, they don't understand them.

Beach whale, you should really be excited... now you can get even more money from the lesser players.

I have seen plenty of players online who don't play correctly and come back day after day (This is draw). Now they may even be winning players against other bad ones, but I'm still going to have an advantage over them.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Beach whale, you should really be excited... now you can get even more money from the lesser players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that's just what I disagree with (in the long run), as you may have read... I think that the effect will actually be the opposite, just like northern Europe may well get a colder climate as a result of global warming.

Draw is a sensitive game, since it is so easy to slaughter the bad players. And we all know that milking is better than slaughtering.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:02 PM

Maybe I don't know any better. Besides, there are other
"other games" besides high draw, as well as vanilla games
such LHE and NLHE. There will always be "bad players": it's
a relative term.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:12 PM

I think it's interesting to look at what happened to limit holdem. Holdem used to be like draw, back in the days when HEFAP was the nuts: play tight, bet like you have at least a two-digit IQ, rake in the money.

Then along came the internet, and Ed Miller, and PT, and HUDs, and now we have what is, frankly, a much more interesting game. People understand holdem a million times better now than they did even three years ago, and the game looks very different because of it.

I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, although it sucks for the players who just want to play tight and have money handed to them. Most of them moved to NL, and now they're beginning to get chased out of there too. Who knows where they'll end up next.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:46 AM

I agree with *TT* and want to add my 25c [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] This soft isn't a problem for 5Draw PL in total. The main problem, as for me, is LOW POPULARITY OF 5Draw IN ON-LINE POKERROOMS. Pokerrooms have GOOD money from TH and they don't apply any efforts for 5Draw's popularisation. Did you see any 5Draw PL freerols 2-3 monthes in a row somewhere? That's why novice has no practice and has no chanse when try to play against average player even on microlimits. I don't say about higher levels, where sharks waiting for him. What about books about ON-LINE 5Draw PL? Nothing except Wiesenberg's articles at Cardplayer.com are useful for novice. Other books(can see the list in Other Poker FAQ, Version 2.0) are for the advanced players and mostly not about on-line game [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Low popularity can kill 5Draw, soft - no.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:18 AM

Any news on this software ? is it going to happen ? I'm one more interested potential buyer.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:03 PM

All this talk of killing the game made me go on hiatus (hope that's the right spelling, or the wife will kill me [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]). Plus I have bugs and have been having trouble with the executable version, then someone linked to a site where a draw tracking software was advertised. I figured you all would just grab that. (No, I didn't keep the link since I don't need it.) If you all want me to keep plugging, let me know. I just figured you got tired of waiting and grabbed the other one.
If I could have just given you the PHP version, I would have done that months ago, but then you have to install PHP, Apache, and MySQL. Plus there's no way to protect the software. Tried this with someone on Vista and it was a pain in the butt to install (finally got it working tho). Let me know if you guys are just using the other or are still waiting for mine. I apologise I wasn't able to produce at the time I thought that I would.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:51 PM

Apologize

[ QUOTE ]
I apologise I wasn't able to produce at the time I thought that I would.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/apologise