Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Laughs or Links!
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2007, 06:11 PM

Default Re: Portal Flash Game

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone help me with level six? I'm a retard.

[/ QUOTE ]

in white just in case

<font color="white">Shoot one portal on the far upper left corner of the entire room (like on the top left corner of the screen). Shoot the other portal on the ground floor on the far right, kinda below where the up arrow is pointing. Get a running start and jump in the ground portal, and if you were going fast enough you'll shoot out the top left with enough momentum get onto the top of the box. Stop there, and then jump directly into the ground floor portal, and that will shoot you out of the top left with enough momentum that you can do a quick jump on the box and fly over to the door.

Kinda confusing to explain but that should work. </font>
Old 10-13-2007, 09:41 PM

I guess Im too slow to beat 35.. This sucks..
Old 10-13-2007, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can someone help me with level six? I'm a retard.

[/ QUOTE ]

in white just in case

<font color="white">Shoot one portal on the far upper left corner of the entire room (like on the top left corner of the screen). Shoot the other portal on the ground floor on the far right, kinda below where the up arrow is pointing. Get a running start and jump in the ground portal, and if you were going fast enough you'll shoot out the top left with enough momentum get onto the top of the box. Stop there, and then jump directly into the ground floor portal, and that will shoot you out of the top left with enough momentum that you can do a quick jump on the box and fly over to the door.

Kinda confusing to explain but that should work. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks, I probably owe you my bankroll.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this one is trivially easy if you plan it out.
<font color="white">
before you start pushing buttons go put a blue portal above the two buttons on the left. put the yellow portal next to the first switch. flip the switch and run through the portal, falling right on or next to the 2nd switch. then run and jump over and down to the third. then just put a new yellow portal next to you, allowing you to fall right back where the fourth switch is. then shoot a portal over on the wall by the last button. </font>
Old 10-13-2007, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="white">
before you start pushing buttons go put a blue portal above the two buttons on the left. put the yellow portal next to the first switch. flip the switch and run through the portal, falling right on or next to the 2nd switch. then run and jump over and down to the third. then just put a new yellow portal next to you, allowing you to fall right back where the fourth switch is. then shoot a portal over on the wall by the last button. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats how I do it. I figured it out, but am too slow.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
MY ASS.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
MY ASS.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe the game runs at a different speed for you guys? the orbs last 27 seconds for me and it usually takes about 21 seconds to get to the goal. it doesn't seem rushed at all. run through portal, jump down, shoot, run through portal, shoot portal over and at floor, done.

these are all the portals needed, right?

Old 10-14-2007, 01:01 PM

My orbs last 27 seconds, too, but I don't know how you can do it in 21 given your setup, especially since you have the portals on the bottom floor facing opposite where you need them to be.

Here's how it works for me:

Here's my initial setup. I'm in perfect position to step off the switch and slip through the portal leftwards so I land precisely on Switch #2. Even with this, I never have enough time to hit that switch before the orb bounces off Barrier #2. I always have to wait for it to bounce off Barrier #1 first. Notice also that the cursor is primed for exactly where I'm shooting the new yellow portal when I get on the other side of the wall.

And here I am. As soon as the orb crosses the barrier, I'm in the slipstream to the right so I can land perfectly on Switch #4 and set up the finale.

And here I am when it explodes. Generally it makes it farther than that, usually to just under where I stand, but for this one I cost myself some time setting up the screenshots.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is fun, I got stuck on 15. I knew what to do but for some reason my guy never wanted to jump over the last gap. I finally slowed down and he made the jump... On to 16...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hint in white: <font color="white">You don't have to jump over the last gap. Jump beside the blue sensor and shoot a portal over the exit. Then shoot a portal directly beneath you and you are done. </font>
Old 10-14-2007, 01:27 PM

Thank you for the help with six, Keyser. Will somebody please help me with 24? I can't figure out how to get the orb into its home.