Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2007, 12:27 PM

Default Re: Toss Goes to Vegas YET AGAIN!!!

good read, funny stuff
Old 07-13-2007, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The wifey is part Hawaiian and she loves this nasty [censored]. So LMAO @ that.

[ QUOTE ]
my bro gets a spam-sushi abomination for even cheaper. Imagine two bricks of rice topped with a hunk of spam all wrapped with a yard of dried seaweed.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That stuff is good s***, I tell you what. I have a friend who's half-Hawaiian, half-Swedish and he made those one day. Man, I'm weird.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:21 PM

It's 8:00PM on 7/7/7 and we're all lying down in the hotel room. We should be out partying this time of night on a Saturday, but we're all so tired; afterall, we just moved all our stuff to another room with two actual beds. My bro's other group of friends who are in town all want to go clubbing, but only I end up not going. I later found out they had a pre-party at TI's vip room -- that means free booze, not just any booze, topshelf booze, did I mention it was free of charge? "Gee Toss, you must be kicking yourself for missing out", may be what you might be thinking. No, I'm glad I decided to stay in and sleep. Why? Because I'd be dead if I went. Free booze? Hook it to my veins plz. Gotta try some crown, then the XO after, can't neglect the Grey Goose, hell it's all free! Who knows how much I would've drank and who knows what would've happen at the club under my ultra-drunk sleep deprived state. Probably would've made a ridic trip report, but you know. I guess I value my life over a good trip report. "Toss, you got your priorities out of wack!"

I wake up 8:30AM Sunday morning. Slept for about 12 hours, but don't feel rested at all. The rest of the guys are asleep, but they look like complete hell. Couple of hour before we have to leave so I shower and head downstairs with a secret weapon for the poker tables. Luckily a 1/2NL game is running and I buy in. Table is great with at least two major donkeys (both Irish) with loads of chips. Always amazing to see a total fish run up a few red chips into a monster castle in a single orbit. As I take off my jacket to reveal my LOL Donkaments shirt, I get a flashback to American History X in which Ed Norton takes off his T-shirt in prison to reveal a swastika. Any 2plus2er should know you're a 2plus2er if you have a LOL Donkaments shirt on and most assuredly no one at this table was a 2plus2er. I'm card dead again so I fold a lot. 45 minutes in, I play my first "big" hand and raise a straddle with 98o. "You have a tell!", the straddler drunkenly says. He's a twenty-something Irish guy that doesn't look like a hardcore soccer (football) fan (actually has hair, not overly muscular, has a jacket on). I do my best "You caught me" act and the straddler folds with a large smile on his face. The guy caught in the crossfire folds and I show my monster 98o. The straddler goes, "Ohohohoho, so you're a tricky one are you?" Yes I am, please pay me off the next time I put money into the pot.

I order a nice cold Newcastle (for breakfast) and continue folding hands. I finally pick up K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in mid and raise it up. Two callers including the Irish straddler and a guy who's been playing tight. Flop is T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and I bet pot after they check to me. Irish straddler calls! and tight guy reluctantly calls. I put the tight guy on top pair, doesn't look like he like calling there. Turn is a blank 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and I push it. Irish guy folds and tight guy reluctantly calls again. He has A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for TP. The river is a spade and I suck him out. Looks like the only way I can make money is by getting it in bad. I post a winning session for once ($250) and go to checkout. As I left Vegas yet again, I thought about all the money I've lost so far. Why can't I ever post a winning session? Should I stop playing Blackjack and craps? Should I just grind it out 22 hours a day in the pokerroom? Hell no. I'll be back in August and I'll be right back at the blackjack and craps tables. I have to run hot sometime right?

Final score:

Blackjack and craps losses: <font color="red">$1000+</font>
Poker wins: <font color="green">$219</font>
Cocktail of the trip: Long Island
Beer of the trip: Newcastle
Hours of sleep: 13!!!
Next Vegas Trip: August

Thanks for reading.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:32 PM

Looking forward to the next trip toss. Of course if you become a nit your reports will become that much less entertaining. I've never played craps, but you've inspired me to next time I go!(your losses haven't inspired me though, lol)
Old 07-14-2007, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's 8:00PM on 7/7/7 and

[/ QUOTE ]

What? You were there on the luckiest day of the century and you still were loooooosing??!?
Old 07-14-2007, 08:35 AM

thanks for posting toss. very enjoyable read.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:54 AM

Awesome trip report, very fun to read!
Old 07-14-2007, 02:15 PM

Ah, I love the toss trip reports. Such gold they are.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:43 PM

toss, i hope u have a good job to support these continuing pit losses

your trip reports seem fun on the surface but deep down i'm sure you're hurtin

pm me if u wanna talk ever

love ur fellow azn