Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Travel
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2007, 11:26 PM

Default Re: Ask me anything about PRAGUE or CZECH REPUBLIC

Do you know anything about Baseball in Prague?
Old 09-17-2007, 09:58 AM

Hi guys,

Sorry for not responding to any of the questions posted for a long time. I have moved back to university and life has been so hectic that I will now try to get through all your questions. Thanks for waiting and I hope this helps somebody lol.

[ QUOTE ]
What are your other favourite locations in Prague?

Thanks for this thread; I'm going to visit Prague sometime this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

My favourite locations in Prague are:

1st. Prague Castle - it is one of the most beautiful locations in Prague. It is the world’s largest inhabited castle and now is the offices and residence of the Czech President. What I would recommend is having a whole castle tour, which will take you to the 5 most important parts of the castle which are closed to the public. It costs around $15 for a 2 1/2 hour tour. It’s worth the money and you get to go up the cathedral tower (around 300 steps) but you get magical views of Prague. /i would also recommend going at 11.45 for the changing of the guards. This is carried out everyday for the whole year when the new guards come and take over from the last shift. This is very impressive and worth going to see.

To get to the castle go on the Metro Line B and get of at Malastrana. Then it’s a short walk up to the castle.

2nd. Charles Bridge - is one of the most historically famous bridges in the world and stretches over the river Vltava. The Old Town bridge tower is often considered to be one of the most astonishing civil gothic-style buildings in the world. The bridge is decorated by a continuous alley of 30 statues and statuaries, most of them baroque-style, erected around 1700.

3rd. Wenceslav's Square - This is regarded as the main high street of Prague and has about 1 km of shops, galleries, clubs, hotels, restaurants and bars on it. This is seen as the centre of Prague and from here it is easy to access any part of central Prague you want. I would also recommend the Museum as the top, its quite spectacular and has such a diverse range of artefacts, animals, plants, meteors etc.

To get there get off at Museum Line C and you will come out at the top of the square.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:02 AM

How long is the train ride from Prague to Bratislava?

Does Prague have any big festivals (like Munich has Oketoberfest, etc)?
Old 09-17-2007, 10:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you know anything about Baseball in Prague?

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly no. Baseball isn't really a sport in Czech. I think there is a national team but it's not played regularly.

I have found these websites for you though so check them out and it might be what your looking for.

Prague Baseball Trips

Czech Baseball Assosiation

Then click on the English Version
Old 09-17-2007, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you recommened going to Czeck in January or no?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
When is the best time to visit? With the criterion of decent weather and the city not being packed with tourists? I was thinking of April.
Are things there still relatively cheap for Americans even with the value of the US dollar declining sharply?

[/ QUOTE ]

I will kill two birds with one stone here.

I would recommend going to Prague for the New Year, the celebrations are amazing and you have hundreds of Vietnamese market sellers blowing up all their unsold fireworks, it really is unbelieveble. I saw numerous people get set alight as they set them of in any directions and at people too. I have never seen anything like it in the world.

January is VERY cold, tempretures can reach below -20 and heavy snow falls during the winter months. This January was a bit rubbish with hardly no snow fall but bitterly cold days.

In the summer the tempratures reach 40 C and July and August get very very warm.

Czech still has distincitve seasons, you have a set winter, spring, summer , autum which some countries don't have anymore so depending on what climate you like then chose that season.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:28 PM

How would you compare Prague to Munich, Zurich, Paris, or London (the main cities I visited/lived in) for infrastructure/quality of life?

As an American not from the East Coast, I was amazed at the ease of traveling in Europe via public transportation (subways, buses, trams, etc.) and was curious if Prague how Prague rates to those?
Old 09-24-2007, 02:52 PM

prague (as well as hungary, estonia, serbia) has a ridiculous amount of dropdead gorgeous women.

do lots of people speak english there? are they friendly towards foreigners? is there lots fo crime there....ie; is it safe to walk out on the streets at night?
Old 09-25-2007, 12:16 PM

In Prague, we're thinking of eating at Kampa Park and at Rybi Trh. Know anything about either? Thanks.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:45 PM

I got some Czech girl's number after dancing with her at the Roxy, now what do I do? I think the only English she speaks is "You so crazy"
Old 10-17-2007, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I got some Czech girl's number after dancing with her at the Roxy, now what do I do? I think the only English she speaks is "You so crazy"

[/ QUOTE ]

Throughout reading all the posts under the Thailand thread and now this I was thinking the same thing. How the hell are you suppose to communication with a Czech chick or thai chick over the phone if they dont speak english? no nonverbal communication=nightmare.