Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 07:30 AM

Default Re: Decisions You\'ve Made That Have Caused Tremendous Pain

It's better to regret something you have done than to regret something you haven't..

(apart from suzzer obviously lol)
Old 08-30-2007, 07:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
haven't talked to my father in 1 year... don't plan on it until he's on his death bed.

i'm sure i'll regret this when he dies, (which shouldn't be anytime soon, he's only 62) but i can't deal with seeing him/talking to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could have written this post last October. I [censored] HATE myself for my attitude towards it now. I cannot possibly emphasize enough what a bad idea this is... the guilt is unbearable.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:15 AM

to stay with my gf
Old 08-30-2007, 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
haven't talked to my father in 3 years... don't plan on it until he's on his death bed.

i'm sure i'll regret this when he dies, (which shouldn't be anytime soon, he's only 57) but i can't deal with seeing him/talking to him.

it's had a lot of psychological effects on my younger sister, and she says he cries a lot now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I may be out of place here since I'm not in the situation -- so feel free to ignore this question -- but what is the point of going to see him on his deathbed if you don't want anything to do with him while he's alive?

-McGee
Old 08-30-2007, 09:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
haven't talked to my father in 3 years... don't plan on it until he's on his death bed.

i'm sure i'll regret this when he dies, (which shouldn't be anytime soon, he's only 57) but i can't deal with seeing him/talking to him.

it's had a lot of psychological effects on my younger sister, and she says he cries a lot now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I may be out of place here since I'm not in the situation -- so feel free to ignore this question -- but what is the point of going to see him on his deathbed if you don't want anything to do with him while he's alive?

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

Free chocolate, ldo
Old 08-30-2007, 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hacking a friend's computer as a joke...oops

[/ QUOTE ]
DETAILS PLS
Old 08-30-2007, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
*** EMO hamster tragedy alert ***

In 4th grade our class hamster ("Hamper"), which was mine technically, was acting weird after a long cold weekend. He couldn't move except twitching his legs a little and seemed to be suffering. In all our 4th grade wisdom we decided he was dying and we needed to put him out of his misery. There was no malice involved, we honestly thought that.

I tried to suffocate him in a plastic bag, but we decided that was inhumane. So my friend put him in a plastic bag and smashed him over the table. I picked up the carcass with blood running out of his mouth, and threw it away.

The teacher was aware of what we were doing and never tried to interfere. I could kill her for that. It was this hippy, progressive classroom with no desks. So I think she thought we needed to work through life lessons on our own or something. I don't know if she knew we were actually going to kill it. But she must have known what happened after the fact.

I read about 6 months later in Ranger Rick that hamsters go into a kind of hibernation when it's cold and need time to work out of it. I was completely devastated. To this day it remains about the most painful memory I have, and I don't like to be around hamsters. I see them as tragedies waiting to happen.

I feel like complete [censored] right now just writing about this. I was feeling kind of excited about my 5-day weekend coming up. Now I just want to go home and go to sleep.

[/ QUOTE ]

1- this is so sad

2- I had a rat put down, it cost 10 bucks!

3- Ranger Rick owes me an acid rain testing kit they never sent me, [censored].
Old 08-30-2007, 03:13 PM

Man this thread is so saddd