Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2007, 10:27 AM

Default Re: The Office Season 4 Premiere 9/27

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Overall A- episode.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is an A-? Did you go to Harvard or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not the worse episode ever. Probably a solid C or C-. This shouldn't be a surprise to anybody; there was some time needed to establish where we are now after the few months away. There were some underrated parts of the ep as well:

[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Jan out cold in the bedroom she has clearly taken over
[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Dwight putting the not dead cat IN THE FREEZER
[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Toby at the finish line "and the winner is...Toby Flenderson!"
[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Jim and Pam at the conference room confrontation denying for a few moments before Pam couldn't contain herself

Some of the laughs are good for the casual viewer. But there are an awful lot of moments like that last one that can be much more appreciated within the storyline and the depth of the characters.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:30 AM

I liked this A LOT.

Contrary to the other people, I found the animal scene just totally hilarious. The longer it went on, the more ridic and funny it got.

This makes me corny as hell, but I was really excited and fist pumped a bit when Pam outed herself and Jim. I'm not sure a TV relationship has ever made me happier. For all the little faults the office has had, this is probably the best written relationship I've ever seen on a TV show.

Ryan listening to the voice mail was fantastic.

GO TOBY!

I love Jan's new role.

Stanely, Kevin and Creed, just consistantly amazing.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Jan out cold in the bedroom she has clearly taken over
Dwight putting the not dead cat IN THE FREEZER
Toby at the finish line "and the winner is...Toby Flenderson!"

[/ QUOTE ]

these were all good moments

[ QUOTE ]
Jim and Pam at the conference room confrontation denying for a few moments before Pam couldn't contain herself

[/ QUOTE ]

eh, didn't like. in fact I'm pessimistic about the whole Jim/Pam thing and hope that break up soon. or maybe I'm wishing for Pam to leave the show? I think that storyline is played out at this point, and I don't really want to see tension between the 2, nor do I want to see them making kissy faces at each other.

I think Jim is a great character, way way better than his British version. but Pam is really just useful as Jims foil I think, she doesn't add much on her own. all the other great characters (Michael, Dwight, and the smaller ones like Stanley, Creed, etc) can stand on their own.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:57 AM

my favorite small part was when pam answered the phone and rattled off that really long intro, and michael wanted her to add in "pro am" so she starts again and quickly was like "yeah they hung up"
Old 09-28-2007, 11:32 AM

Pretty disappointing, imo. Michael just gets less tolerable each episode.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
thought this was the worst....episode...ever (of The Office).

but that still makes it funnier than almost anything else currently out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this.

[/ QUOTE ]but Pam is really just useful as Jims foil I think, she doesn't add much on her own. all the other great characters (Michael, Dwight, and the smaller ones like Stanley, Creed, etc) can stand on their own.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this. I think lots of different parts of season three was about pam standing on her own without jim and at many points accepting they werent going to be together. Obv the relationship is huge in aspect fo teh show, but I think she could stand on her own as well.

Also, it realy just felt to me like alot of the jokes in this episode were inspired by jokes from previous episodes and formulas and such that worked. IE jim kept looking at the camera in this episode which he has done infinte before, but this episode you noticed it just about every time and got slightly annoyed b/c whatever he was responding too really wasnt that funny. I thought most of the jokes in thsi episode were similar to this and just completely forced, formulaic jokes that worked in the past that the writers just decided to insert "joke type x" here and didnt really care if it was funny or not (ie the lack of funny jokes just destroyed the "reactionary" approach/idea that is sort of the shows basis, which is possibly why the whole show seemed off). And I agree that an hour is prob way too long esp for this episode. Like the maount of time devouted to the lamp was kind of dumb and had one minor joke in it that was being repeated for like the 10000x time, and all to simply explain why they had the lamp to give to michael as a trophy and possibly for the line jim gives about "so you want me to hold it know" or whatever to introduce possible tension into the relation ship. Same for like Kevin talkign about why he is going to refuse to run. All it added where some forced formulaic jokes and could of been completely skipped/cut.

I did think the bloody nipples bit was more quality and reminiscent of the office, as it was not really expected, seemingly original, and still funny.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:38 AM

^^Murray...present.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:44 PM

meh the episode was alright i guess , a lil too long IMO but owell hopefully the next 3 hourlong episodes are better

did anyone else notice the continuity error in the scene where michael is tying the balloons to meredith's IV , one second the balloons are in his hand , as soon as the nurse walks in ,the balloons are tied to the bed and steve carell is still gripping his hand like the balloons were still there...
Old 09-28-2007, 12:44 PM

First half (car accident) >>>>>>>>> Second half (rabies run)

fav line was "but all my bags of frozen french fries had been clawed to shreds".

I like how they got Pam and Jim together and the Andy/Angela/Dwight triangle shows tons of promise; I think it'll be a great season.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:50 PM

also, the deleted scene was great, way funnier than some other stuff in the episode.

in white, with goofy hearts:

<font color="white">
Michael accusing Meredith of walking around drunk, [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Kevin "9am is even early for her" [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Michael "maybe I was drunk" [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Meredith "you can't get drunk off kahlua it's just a type of coffee" [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] </font>