Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2006, 10:57 AM

Default People who don\'t know their own birthdays.

I've never heard of this before, but a kid I'm friends with was getting a fake ID made recently and I was sitting there. The kid making it says "what's your birthday man" and he says "one second" and checks his drivers license. He's 18 and claims that he doesn't think it's weird to not know your own birthday.

Has anyone ever encountered this before?

For the record the kid is a total moron and thinks I'm by far the smartest person he's ever met.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:00 AM

Default Re: People who don\'t know their own birthdays.

I was surprised to meet a guy who didn't know his mother's first name (he lived with her his whole life), but this certainly trumps that in stupidity.

However, I think either you or your friend is FOS.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was surprised to meet a guy who didn't know his mother's first name (he lived with her his whole life), but this certainly trumps that in stupidity.

However, I think either you or your friend is FOS.

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong, i'm serious. also my friend just told me that he knows two muslim girls who didn't know theirs.

I can't remember my parents birthdays for some reason. Like I know the month but not the dates. I know my sisters though.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I can't remember my parents birthdays for some reason. Like I know the month but not the dates. I know my sisters though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here, except brother not sister.

Also, this sounds very weird but possible I guess
Old 05-22-2006, 11:07 AM

I sometimes forget how old I am. It sucks when I'm getting ID'ed somewhere and they ask how old I am, then I respond "Uhhhh 23?".

Always know my birthday though.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I sometimes forget how old I am. It sucks when I'm getting ID'ed somewhere and they ask how old I am, then I respond "Uhhhh 23?".

Always know my birthday though.

[/ QUOTE ]

After the relevant 21, I can't remember how old I am a lot of the time (25, I think). A lot of it also has to do with my girlfriend being 9 months older then me, so I always think, "am I 25, or is she 25, or is she 26, or are we both 26?"
Old 05-22-2006, 11:12 AM

I know a bunch of people with bizarre birthday issues. One of my employees has two birth certificates with different dates. His family is 90% sure which is correct, but there's always lingering doubt. Another was adopted from a Korean orphanage 30 or so years ago, only has a ballpark on when she was born. And, a guy I know who's almost 50 was abandoned as an infant in the USA, only vaguely knows when he was born.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:13 AM

Some foreign cultures don't place the same emphasis on birthdays that we do, so foreigners not knowing their birthdays is perfectly understandable. My stepdaughter's father not only doesn't know what day he was born on, he's not sure of the year. Apparently in all the moving they did as a child, so many stories got told of how old he was and when he was born, everyone forgot the real answer.

That said, any normal American who was born here and lived here all his life and doesn't know is birthday is pretty screwed up. Either that, or he's adopted a new identity for some reason and still hasn't got the details right. Is that a possibility?
Old 05-22-2006, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

That said, any normal American who was born here and lived here all his life and doesn't know is birthday is pretty screwed up. Either that, or he's adopted a new identity for some reason and still hasn't got the details right. Is that a possibility?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, he's just a dirty little bmx kid from florida. there's no possible excuse for it in my mind besides that he is just very very stupid.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:42 AM

My grandma doesn't know her exact birthday. We have a date we use to celebrate, but it isn't her real birthdate. She had a sister who was born ahead of her who died very young and for some reason when she came to the US from Armenia, they used the older sister's birthdate. Her records were lost and she was too young to remember. I guess my great-grand-parents didn't know the exact date either so she just adopted the new date. I always thought that must be so strange to not know the day you were born.