Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2007, 05:33 PM

Default Re: my first craigslist experience

That's the Private Party value. Retail value is $4800.

If you wouldn't pay that much for a 1993 Accord...um, good for you? It's not a junky 15 yo car, it's actually also got a $800 stereo system in it and still runs fine. But thanks for your input, I'll probably list it for $2200 now cause off the top of prodonkey's head that's what he'd pay for it.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:39 PM

well a stereo adds basically no value to it.. I'm just saying I would never think of paying 3300 or whatever u said it was, I can't find it.. you said in your other post you had it at 2700 though.. which means you'd be willing to take 24-2500 for it, which is pretty darn close to my 2200.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:43 PM

I decided to skip the BS entirely. I'm sure the first guy that wanted the car would try to lowball me if I had it at $3000, so if someone sees that I'm listing it for $2700 and tries to downsell me to $2400-$2500 then I'll be happy to listen to them come up with a convincing reason why they don't think I'm already giving them a good deal.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:45 PM

everyone on craigslist will low ball u though.. if you list it on autotrader.com make sure u put 2700 firm... and you will still get some lowball offers, but easier to stick to your guns then if that's the lowest you are willing to take.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I decided to skip the BS entirely. I'm sure the first guy that wanted the car would try to lowball me if I had it at $3000, so if someone sees that I'm listing it for $2700 and tries to downsell me to $2400-$2500 then I'll be happy to listen to them come up with a convincing reason why they don't think I'm already giving them a good deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right now, there are three people listing 1993 Honda Accord EXes for sale on Craigslist in the NY area. One at $1600, one at $1750, one at several prices between $1650 and $2200.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:49 PM

you're crazy if you think you're going to get anywhere near that for that car. i'd need the specs of your car to give you a more accurate idea as to how crazy, but there's no way in hell its worth 2700$. granted this is only based on 2 years of experience in honda sales.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:50 PM

I'm not crazy afterall?
Old 11-23-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wait.. a 93 accord for 3100? HAHAHAH I didn't read the yaer at first. I bought a 93 twin turbo stealth last year for a little more than that.. come on.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL @ your horrible taste in cars
Old 11-23-2007, 06:32 PM

update

lol the internet is such a huge scam cluster [censored] now

[x] ship tv to nigeria

Hello,
HAPPY THANKSGIVING
I saw your Ad on CL, and would love to have your item if it's still available for sale...however i would like to add that i am okay with the condition and the pics as well and i have a shipper,so therefore, my shipper would come over for the pick-up at your location as soon as the check must have cleared from your bank,but i would like to have your contact address where payments would be sent out to,and to whom....and i will be issueing you a Bank Certified Check as my mode of payment.
Get in touch ASAP...
Regards

[x] contains nigerian scam keyword "kindly"

Is this above item available forsale..Kindly get back to me with more info...Ok
Old 11-23-2007, 06:37 PM

and whoever said lol @ my gf, she sold a macbook g3 for like 650 when the going rate is about 3-400. Also, there was some idiot who kept offering her 50 bucks over and over, and saying she was out of her mind thinking she would get 500 for it.

it seems like if you are very careful and selective about your business on CL, it's ok, but it's also incredibly shady.

I just remembered facebook marketplace was awesome for selling crap right after i graduated, because you are only dealing with fellow college students and not freaks and very wierd dudes, who i like to stay away from.