Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2007, 04:49 AM

Default Re: Playing against LAGs - is it worth it?

why are people reraising here oop preflop??? against this player he doesn't respect the play you just made on him... against a 24/18 i like the reraise pre sometimes just because he will usually respect the play a little more

most the time you are't going to hit and there are going to be overcards then from there on out you are pretty much bluffing .. you may as well be holding 72 espically if this guy will call down with middle pairs higher than your 88

i like the call preflop because playing in a reraised pot oop is soo tuff

on this flop i would bet out ..... check raising is ok too but then lets say he calls.. you are oop on the turn which then leaves for an interesting position...

just bet the flop, bet the turn , check/call the river...
Old 10-06-2007, 05:33 AM

with a raise and 2 cold callers I'm not 3-betting here. At higher limits its probably a decent move, but at this level you're honestly just better off calling and trying to stack someone when you hit.

So basically in this situation I think you're better off playing no-set, no-bet. This looks like a pretty good flop for you, but you'll never really know where you are, so dump it.

As someone else said, these aren't LAGS, they're donks. Hit a hand, then get as much of their money as possible - you don't have to get fancy to be a big winner in this game, just play conservatively.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:43 AM

Nice post, didn't really consider that they weren't LAGs, they are loose and aggressive, but I guess the LAG style has some postflop skill too which these guys no doubt dont have. What would you classify as a LAG? Something like 30-40/20-25? Or is it more dependant on their postflop skills, I guess it doesn't really matter anyway.

I think you hit the nail on the head with play conservatively and hit a hand, I'm sure I was trying too hard to be a hero and the cards just weren't coming.

It's still pretty interesting to me that so many people are convinced they are right about the pf 3 bet yet there is a pretty clear split between those who do and those who dont.