Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2007, 03:51 AM

Default Re: ***Official*** CNN/YouTube GOP debate

[ QUOTE ]
Xorbie,

I forget who originally busted out the T-word. Maybe I shouldn't have played along by agreeing (but I did and still do think it was accurate). I agree though that it's pretty pointless, and generally never use the word, so my apologies if my post is one that you're referring to.

But at the same time, are posts like this really necessary? That was a few hours ago, and no one is talking about it anymore.

I mean, these things become bigger deals than they are intended to be when everyone and their mother jumps in to claim an opinion on who was right and who was wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd agree except that Paul is, needless to say, a rather popular topic in this forum and constantly having to hear people called trolls and idiots and whatever else wears one down.

What really bothers me is that even after he makes a really thoughtful, well written post, all he gets is childish, insulting replies. And somehow he gets called the troll.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Huckabee won this debate by a big margin IMO. Seems like a nice guy, too bad he's a religious wacko. Romney comes off like a snake-oil salesman/cyborg. I wasn't impressed by him at all.

Republicans really are deathly afraid of Mexicans, aren't they? It seems like most will vote for whoever promises to get the brown people out of their town.

[/ QUOTE ]

Religious Whacko? I think the Whacko is one who thinks this whole universe was all my randomness. Seems like your bibles are the God Delusion and all that junk and your the one who is whacked out by that spin.

Sad sad sad that in this day and age that believing in God is whackish.

Man, Satan really is winning the temporal war.....

[/ QUOTE ]

OK now the T word is totally appropriate.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Huckabee won this debate by a big margin IMO. Seems like a nice guy, too bad he's a religious wacko. Romney comes off like a snake-oil salesman/cyborg. I wasn't impressed by him at all.

Republicans really are deathly afraid of Mexicans, aren't they? It seems like most will vote for whoever promises to get the brown people out of their town.

[/ QUOTE ]

Religious Whacko? I think the Whacko is one who thinks this whole universe was all my randomness. Seems like your bibles are the God Delusion and all that junk and your the one who is whacked out by that spin.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe God exists and had some part in creating the universe. I also believe Huckabee is a religious whacko, and I'd never vote for him, just because of this. It's one thing believing in God, its another basing all of your actions off of that belief, and not believing in evolution as a result.

Anyways, I don't know how much religious-hate talk is tolerated here, so I won't say anymore. Just know that not all people who don't want religious whackos in charge of the country are atheists.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like Paul as much as many here, but you guys have to stop setting up tar and feather parties whenever anyone questions him. It's not trolling, it's just dissent which, last I checked, is alright.

[/ QUOTE ]

STFU TROLL!

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2007, 05:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not believing in God that's whacko, it's disbelieving in evolution. Plenty of Christians accept the reality of evolution and don't believe the Earth is only 6,000 years old. Those types of Christians are not whackos.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:19 AM

Did anyone notice RP leave the stage immediately after the debate? The other candidates were shaking hands and talking.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like Paul as much as many here, but you guys have to stop setting up tar and feather parties whenever anyone questions him. It's not trolling, it's just dissent which, last I checked, is alright.

[/ QUOTE ]

STFU TROLL!

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Racism ban, IMO.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd agree except that Paul is, needless to say, a rather popular topic in this forum and constantly having to hear people called trolls and idiots and whatever else wears one down.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, well, like I said earlier -- I've probably used the T-word twice ever on here, and one of those times I misread something and immediately admitted I goofed. And ojoc (the guy who originally brought up the "drive by trolling") doesn't seem to have a history of doing this either.

What I find really tiring is the way so many people lump "ACers/libertarians" into one category, where rather than ask us to necessarily defend the argument at hand and the things we as individuals have actually said, we're routinely hit with arguments and criticisms that involve merely other peoples' perceptions of our collective habits.

Even if you think the "troll" allegations were wrong or childish (which I don't entirely agree is the case), at least they were in direct response to what a specific poster actually stated. From there, it's easy enough for him to defend himself (or others to defend him), since the exact criticism is clear and in front of us.

But the grouping mentality of "you guys routinely do this" just really bothers me, and is on the verge of driving me away from posting here. It just seems pointless to me to be lumped into some group, where by holding a certain ideology I'll then sometimes have to defend things other than the arguments I've actually made.

No hard feelings against you. I realize you're just giving your input as a mod and respectable poster. I just felt like this should be expressed.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:15 AM

ALaw,

I appreciate the level headed posts. I'm trying to stay conscious of my tendency to group people together and avoid doing so. We have a bunch of intelligent people in this forum (and MidGe), so I get frustrated when we can't seem to have a single reasonable discussion. It seems that this frustation is not just present within me, which is at least promising.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:15 AM

Also I'm not really a mod here, feel free to view me as just another shmuck [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]