Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 11-22-2007, 12:54 AM

Default Re: TPGK oop

Looks just like a busted flush draw to me, seems he would have raised on the flop with QJ or KJ b/c of the flush draw out there. If not, then certainly on the turn. I don't know if i have enough courage to call a shove on the river there, though. A bluff doesn't seem likely at all- he isn't floating you on the flop and turn on this draw heavy of a board...

p.s. can someone fill me in on "valuetowning"? Thanks
Old 11-22-2007, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

p.s. can someone fill me in on "valuetowning"? Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

"You should be concerned about valuetowning yourself against hands like QJ/KJ."

= you value bet villain's hand
Old 11-22-2007, 01:14 AM

I don't bet both the flop and the turn here, one or the other. It is really really close but I lean toward c/c over c/f because of the busted draws.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Stack sizes dont allow that. If I bet 11 then I have almost 1/2 of the effective stack in the middle, theres no folding after that point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villan will also realize this and won't bluff you nearly as much b/c you will get such good odds to call.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:25 AM

I dont think the average villain is taking stack sizes into account at all tbh. Its more along the lines of "I have a good hand, raise." I just hate putting in a large part of my stack and then folding, its just bad poker overall imo. I honestly had the intention of going for a c/c but then he over bet shoved and I wimped out. After he did that I gave alot of thought to the other lines but I think c/c is still optimal as long as its not something ridiculous like an overbet shove.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:46 AM

i don't see it as close as ant does. I like slimon's original advice way up top- call a small bet (around 1/2 pot), fold to a big bet (pot). flop call and turn call screams flush draw to me in low stakes IME, though a read would have been helpful as many low stakes players shut down on turn if they miss. Really the only hands we should be worried about here are QJ KJ or AJ IMO.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't see it as close as ant does. I like slimon's original advice way up top- call a small bet (around 1/2 pot), fold to a big bet (pot). flop call and turn call screams flush draw to me in low stakes IME, though a read would have been helpful as many low stakes players shut down on turn if they miss. Really the only hands we should be worried about here are QJ KJ or AJ IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not very good imo. It is level 0 thinking. Readless, the size of the bet means nothing because we cannot accurately decipher what level villian is on.

level 0 = big bet means big hand

level 1 = big bet means bluff because he wouldn't bet that much if he wanted a call.

level 2 = big bet could be intentional to look like a bluff when he has a huge hand.

Because we have no information, we cant let the betsize dictate our decision except from a math perspective, however, that also, is objective. So for the most part, when you decide to c/c, the bet size shouldn't be incredibly relevant.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:58 AM

I agree with you whyzze upto a point. Obviously a big bet isnt going to "scare" me off or make me think one way or another about the quality of his hand in this case. But from a math point of view, his overbet just greatly reduced the odds we are getting and Im not sure if we are good like 40% of the time or whatever it is that I would need to be to justify calling an overbet shove.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My HUD doesnt come up on ppl until I have 50 hands on them so that was useless too.

[/ QUOTE ]

whats useless is having your hud set up this way. you can definitely get useful baseline reads over like 3-4 orbits.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:15 AM

Which of the three levels do you think a typical $50 player is at, whyzze? Readless it seems to make sense not to give a typical $50 player too much credit