Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 05:12 PM

Default RIP Ira Levin

Ira Levin passed away on Monday.

Levin wrote The Boys from Brazil, A Kiss Before Dying, The Stepford Wives, and the immortal, deliciously wicked Rosemary's Baby. A clever satirist with a gift for seizing some of the more unnerving parts of the zeitgeist of his times and writing them up into edgy tales first and best, Levin was also a very gifted storyteller. His books move along brisky, full of sly dialogue and observation, letting you know you're in good hands all the way. The mere thought of him brings back such fond memories of his work that it reminds me how little writing is around today that can match it for perfect hooks and odd sympathies for imperfect souls.

RIP buddy, gonna miss ya.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:28 AM

Default Re: RIP Ira Levin

I can't remember exactly when I read "Rosemary's Baby", but it was fantastic. Might be time to make a large order from Amazon.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:28 AM

I'm sad, especialy with all the film buffs here, that this guy isn't getting the credit and love he deserves. Mr. Tommy Boy got more and Horatio probably would too. Ah, the sands of time ... one day they will come for you too ... even in the hearts of your children ...
Old 11-21-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ira Levin passed away on Monday.

Levin wrote The Boys from Brazil, A Kiss Before Dying, The Stepford Wives, and the immortal, deliciously wicked Rosemary's Baby. A clever satirist with a gift for seizing some of the more unnerving parts of the zeitgeist of his times and writing them up into edgy tales first and best, Levin was also a very gifted storyteller. His books move along brisky, full of sly dialogue and observation, letting you know you're in good hands all the way. The mere thought of him brings back such fond memories of his work that it reminds me how little writing is around today that can match it for perfect hooks and odd sympathies for imperfect souls.

RIP buddy, gonna miss ya.

[/ QUOTE ]

A Kiss Before Dying remains one of the best books of it's genre. I usually read it every other year or so. What a great writer.

You're right - there should have been more discussion about his death, both here and accross the media in general.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:39 PM

A Kiss Before Dying is an AWESOME book.