Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 12:56 AM

Default Re: does anyone else think nvg and bbv are just stains on 2+2?

There are major differences between bbv and bbv4l (although it may not appear like it). I take it you were referring to 4l? They have developed basically separate communities now with the really big morons who don't play poker and who don't have anything to add to the strategy forums moving towards bbv4l. BBV still gets a high volume of strategy posters, though.

BBV has done a lot of good work for the poker community (the barry greenstein 40k for charity, breaking the absolute story) and also provides a solid place for strategy posters to vent in a bigger setting. Also, we started mspaint wars which has provided a lot of entertainment to the masses.

NVG I think is also useful in that it provides people with hand histories of big headsup matches that people might have missed, and some major stories have broken there as well (plus David Sklansky is using it as his personal playground so he must see some use in it).

I am trying to crack down on first/second stuff that I see that is ruining threads. I am doing 1-2 day bans now.

BBV4l is a black hole, but relatively harmless. It provides a service in that people with a looser sense of humour can go there and draw silly pictures and talk to people with similar interests. I would say it provides about as much utility as OOT on the forums, given the existence of EDF, which is..."some".
Old 11-13-2007, 01:04 AM

Gild, don't forget about BBV's generous donation to vigorish.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Euro, please, the correct nomenclature is "Lesko".

[/ QUOTE ]

pardon. i'll have to remember that. so much easier than 42it.

anyway, I forgot to mention that the only thing gayer than "SECOND" in a thread is instead saying "SHOTGUN"
Old 11-13-2007, 02:01 AM

tuq,

If you are old school you will call him frank.

Also too, I generally think BBV4l is boring but it has improved regular BBV a lot.

NVG used to be in the rotation, ill check occusionally now.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:11 AM

Please don't lump regular BBV in with 4L, kthx [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

BBV itself is an extremely useful forum. It's good for venting steam, and quite aside from that, it has a solid community that has accomplished a lot of good. It's also the only place where people that play microstakes can easily make fun of people playing 1K/2K and get away with it.

4L...yeah, I dunno, it keeps them out of regular BBV. Good enough for me!

NVG has driven away big names before, but I guess if the juicy story of the week wasn't posted here, it'd just be talked about on neverwin/liquidpoker/p5's. Its other problem is that the more mentally challenged people from 4L have found their kindred spirits and joined forces with it. I'm not sure what to do about that one.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:52 AM

I think Televised Poker is even worse; I do not envy the job Kevmath has, especially when he has to read threads like this that he mercifully locked before it got even worse. I actually got wet from the drool dripping off the posts. Where do these babboons get the dexterity (and opposable thumbs) to make accounts on 2+2?
Old 11-13-2007, 08:18 AM

Can we please please please find a way to ban ItsErikRyland, he is the only NVG poster I have noticed to absolutely drive me bizerk crazy each and every time he manages to make a post.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can we please please please find a way to ban ItsErikRyland, he is the only NVG poster I have noticed to absolutely drive me bizerk crazy each and every time he manages to make a post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here in this thread he linked to a picture in which there is the f-word unedited in it. Can we ban him now?
Old 11-13-2007, 10:28 AM

Euro,

I'll answer to Lesko or frank (nice one Ed) even though those who have met me know my real name is something else.

I moved up to the Philly 'burbs a little over 4 years ago. If you are in the neighborhood, give me a shout.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Televised Poker is even worse; I do not envy the job Kevmath has, especially when he has to read threads like this that he mercifully locked before it got even worse.

[/ QUOTE ]
1. TV is like NVG for posters with Down's Syndrome. When you're applying "NVG + negative modifier" that basically makes it unspeakably bad. But I don't think it's a community like the other forums mentioned already; mostly it's just people drifting by to call each other stupid, or the poker players stupid, or Norman Chad stupid.

2. That specific OP is headed for bandom, preferably sooner rather than later. He spent the weekend taunting Colts fans and pissing them off and everyone was calling for him to be banned in the SNF thread (like Jessica during the WS threads, it sucks to have a single poster derail an entire high-volume thread with the trolling, as emotions can run high during games and people seem incapable of ignoring it). This guy is super duper bad.