Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 03:17 AM

Default Re: CNN \"Edits\" John Cena Interview to Make It Seem Like He Took Stero

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I guess Ted Turner still isn't over his battle with Vince.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't it a bit hypocritical of you to criticize CNN for what they did when you just make up stupid motivations for it? Turner has no connection with CNN other than possibly owning stock in Time Warner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a little thing I like to call a joke. I'm fully aware Turner no longer has any connection with CNN in any official capacity. However, were he to have any influence on their content at all, I wouldn't think he'd be too opposed to trying to bury one of Vince's boys.

Long night in Vegas, Dyn?
Old 11-14-2007, 03:31 AM

Default Re: CNN \"Edits\" John Cena Interview to Make It Seem Like He Took Stero

[ QUOTE ]

Its a little thing I like to call a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

What was the punch line?
Old 11-14-2007, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Its a little thing I like to call a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

What was the punch line?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, that's not good enough for you?

It was a little snide commentary on the rivalry Ted Turner and Vince McMahon have had since 1988 when Ted Turner bought Jim Crockett Promotions, renamed them World Championship Wrestling, and used that promotion as the flagship of the Superstation (well, except during Braves season) and as direct competition for WWF in the 1990s.

Now, of course, you know all that, but for some reason that isn't good enough for you. Wow.

How about this...

"I guess Ted Turner is still out to get Vince's boys" [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

DISCLAIMER: YES, I AM FULLY AWARE TED TURNER HAS NOT HAD ANY OFFICIAL BUSINESS WITH CNN SINCE 2003. DO NOT TAKE THIS COMMENT SERIOUSLY. THANK YOU.

Does it seriously matter THAT much to you tonight? I made an update about Cena's comments and the fact that CNN, who has re-edited their footage to include his denial of ever using steroids, has not issued a formal apology. Care to have a comment on the, you know, actual topic of the thread?
Old 11-14-2007, 05:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is pretty off-topic and gossipy, so take it FWIW. I know somebody who used deal drugs in Cena's neck of the woods. He said that Cena took steroids for years. I don't know if Cena got the stuff from the dude I know or from somebody else. This was like 5 years ago, maybe more. He also told me that Cena would someday be the premier superstar in the WWE. This was before anybody had any idea who he was. FWIW, I believe the story and trust the source even though he's not the most credible person obv.

[/ QUOTE ]
cena definitely did all kinds of roids before joining wwe

thats cena in i believe ohio valley wrestling (basically wwe's minor league). ive seen pictures where he was even bigger but im far too lazy/dont care enough to do more than a cursory google image search. the wwe made him cut a ton of muscle mass before they put him on tv and he's [censored] gigantic now
Old 11-14-2007, 06:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the wwe made him cut a ton of muscle mass before they put him on tv and he's [censored] gigantic now

[/ QUOTE ]

That make no sense at all considering how Vince loves his wrestlers to be as big as possible, and other wrestlers before and after Cena was brought in being much bigger than normal due to performance enhancing drugs. Cena joined the WWE when there was little talk about the issue, and as the WWE was confident about bringing in Chris Masters I really dont think they would have treated a juiced up Cena any different.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:59 AM

Default Re: CNN \"Edits\" John Cena Interview to Make It Seem Like He Took Steroids

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.wwe.com/inside/cenaoncnn/

Watch the 2 videos and you will clearly see the editing job done by CNN. This is about as low as a media outlet can possibly go.

[/ QUOTE ]

This kind of thing is absurdly standard. I saw an entire 20/20 filmed and the final product was nothing like the actual interview. I trust none of these newsmag shows and basically view them all as muckraking.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is pretty off-topic and gossipy, so take it FWIW. I know somebody who used deal drugs in Cena's neck of the woods. He said that Cena took steroids for years. I don't know if Cena got the stuff from the dude I know or from somebody else. This was like 5 years ago, maybe more. He also told me that Cena would someday be the premier superstar in the WWE. This was before anybody had any idea who he was. FWIW, I believe the story and trust the source even though he's not the most credible person obv.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats cena in i believe ohio valley wrestling (basically wwe's minor league). ive seen pictures where he was even bigger but im far too lazy/dont care enough to do more than a cursory google image search. the wwe made him cut a ton of muscle mass before they put him on tv and he's [censored] gigantic now

[/ QUOTE ]

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE SIZE OF HIS HEAD?
Old 11-14-2007, 12:15 PM

Default Re: CNN \"Edits\" John Cena Interview to Make It Seem Like He Took Steroids

Media (that includes the major networks, the 24 hour news networks, magazines, newspapers, etc.)

99.99999% of them don't give a damn about truth, fairness, or accuracy.

They only care about making the story as salacious and interesting to the public as possible. They want ratings, they wanna sell ads, they wanna titillate, and they wanna distort things to their own biases.

The best thing you can do is never trust a single source. Cross check everything, the internet is good for this.

As someone else said, "news magazines" (20/20, Dateline, etc.) are some of the most consistently bad yellow journalism you'll find.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is John Cena as "The Prototype". However, a picture of a guy who's cut up isn't proof he did steroids. All that means is he probably took some of the "skin-thinning" stuff bodybuilders take...you know, considering he was into bodybuilding before he became a wrestler.

This is a picture of natural bodybuilder Layne Norton:

Now, can I possibly be certain that either of these guys haven't used steroids? Of course not. But is it possible that Cena (who, while huge, isn't THAT huge at only 240) isn't juicing? Absolutely.

Cena as he debuted in WWE:

Well, never mind, the link won't work either...its an easy google find anyways.

Either way, this is still about whether, now that they were caught red-handed, CNN is going to issue a formal apology and retraction of their scummy editing. They probably think they can get away with just ignoring it and letting it slide because "its just pro wrestling", but it really says something about media practices as a whole.