Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 09:31 PM

Default Poker Tracker or Holdem Manager

Can people explain and compare the features and benefits of each product.

thx
Old 11-01-2007, 09:44 PM

Default Re: Poker Tracker or Holdem Manager

Well,

It is hard to really say anything before PT3 comes out. Right now HM has many many more features than PT2, but the actual comparison will end up coming between PT3 and HM, not PT2.

If I get in PT's beta and am allowed I will do a review of both on my blog. As of now I know HM's performance is much better than PT2, but PT3 looks sleeker and more stylish. Also, HM needs an improved graphing feature whereas PT3 needs the filters and income tabs.

Overall I think both are going to be great but cannot really compare the two right now.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:45 PM

Holdem Manager isn't a finished product yet, there's no real comparison. Looks like it will be sick when it's finished. Just DL the beta and see for yourself.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:59 PM

Really, it would be a mistake to choose one over the other, imo.

Purchase both. Use both.

"Loc: donking it up NL200" - the combined cost of bith these apps will be less than a single buyin... and HM and PT3 will be far ahead of our current PT2.x functionality.

Even if each product has only a single feature/filter the other does not - it will be worth owning both - and that is a ridiculously pessemistic outlook. This is somewhat of an "arms race" - chances are both PT3 and HM will have exclusive features.... anyone > $50nl will be will have significant benefit from owning both these products - and any other serious contenders that may come to market in a similar timeframe imo.

And FWIW, import performance on both of these new apps is allegedly far superior to PT2 - so running both should not increase load on a system to any serious degree.

JMHO,

dave.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:16 AM

Agreed.

I am buying both, as long as the service and people behind the product are here to help the community.

Quick note: The filters/etc comments I made in comparisons are done with PT2 and HM. HM has many more features and many more stats that PT2. PT3 will match many of these I am sure, but as I do not know anything about this products internal makeup I cannot compare it to HM, I can only compare the GUI of both. Edit to note: I think that GUI's are nice, but obviously not nearly as important as functionality when you are using it to improve your game. Do not think I am bogus-ly comparing the two on something like this when I get my hands on both, it is just the only thing I can actually compare the two with my current information. Stats and ability to fix leaks is the most important thing either of these products can do, and HM has fixed 3 huge leaks in my game since moving up to 400nl and I would like to see a healthy competition between the two that will fix the 100's more I have.

I am looking forward to the competition of both and am looking forward to benchmarking the two of them. Once that happens I may come up with a good review/comparison of both, but like I have said both will probably have advantages and both will likely improve your game and both should be bought. (I used both a lot there, sorry for the repetitiveness [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )
Old 11-02-2007, 09:35 PM

Why worry about which program has which feature when they'll both have the same feature set within a few months anyway? If one program has a sexy new feature that the other doesn't it'll be quickly rectified. Just choose one and stop worrying.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:55 PM

How can you know when neither is fully developed?

I promise there will be a huge thread called:

HM or PT3 in Jan.

Hold your horses.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:12 AM

Location: tell them ill be here when they come 4 me, me and every single n1gga dat got love 4 me, see i got money on my mind, but the haters wont leave me alone, so im ridin everyday wit every pistol dat i own

you cant say yet but i think i would go HM over PT3 if i were just playing holdem but i like to dabble in a little PLO so i think PT3 has the edge