Time Machine 18 10.84%
Planet (or moon) in our solar system 13 7.83%
Pirate Ship 15 9.04%
Underground Lair 8 4.82%
License to Kill 12 7.23%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-28-2007, 07:04 PM

Default Re: assani

and no i am not claiming the 'overdue' thing was the reason i banned him. only to just tell yourself that if it helps.

as i said, i was itching to ban him at the very sight of his next signature in OOT, which judging by his posting in sporting events today was inevitable. it was merely the encouragement and agreement in this thread which made me do it now, as opposed to sometime tonight. plus like dynasty said, a time out on a sunday night teaches him a nice little lesson.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:07 PM

he did post in OOT using his sophisticated troll and was banned for 3 hours. and that's that i think.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he read my PM and then immediately went and made a bunch more posts in sporting events containing his 'signature'.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you admit you banned him out of forum. Thats all I needed thanks.

[ QUOTE ]

and yeah i posted the ban in sporting events because i knew it would get a laugh. no one seems to like him but you. sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I'm pretty sure the vast majority of people who post in NBA threads in sports loves Assani because he consistently gives some of the best NBA analysis of anyone on this site. Also, after you posted that ban, I see a couple people laughing at it due to the ban reason that was posted, and then a couple people saying its funny, but they don't think that's right. So great proof that he is this super hated poster in the sporting events forum.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So you admit you banned him out of forum. Thats all I needed thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha yeah you got me sherlock.

[ QUOTE ]
and then a couple people saying its funny, but they don't think that's right.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, and then kyro correcting himself when he realised that assani was only missing out on 180 minutes of a website on the information superhighway. also, i'm pretty sure no nba games took place during this 3 hour stretch so we should be ok.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:16 PM

I like how you're just too arrogant to admit you're clearly in the wrong on this.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:35 PM

meb,

if you didn't know about them before, maybe you should look through the site for:

1) onslaughts
2) best job ever (or whatever that post was called)

he's a not very glorified troll. i have no knowledge of his sports posts. and i will grant you that being a great sports poster is greater than being a great head phones poster, but he still is mostly just a douchehat troll. 90% of everything he does on this site is meant to detract from discussion and make discussion about him.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:39 PM

Assani is among the very best posters in the Sports forum. I come across him all the time. Never trolls deliberately, great analysis, excellent contributor.

I do not know how he is in other forums (strat).

He DOES seem to delight in carrying on with these "keep 'em guessing" mysteries, like his onslaught threads from last year, which impossibly didn't get him permabanned and ended up being pretty funny.

Since MEbenhoe seems to be the only one on the "pro-Assani" side of things I thought I'd weigh in, at least as it pertains to Assani's contributions to that forum. Assani would be GREATLY missed in the NBA threads, and the season starts this week.

I'll steer clear of the administrative stuff like "was it a reasonable ban?" You're all a bunch of good lads IMO.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
90% of everything he does on this site is meant to detract from discussion and make discussion about him.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmmmmm, while this may be right, in some instances (including the very two you mentioned, onslaughts and running boiling oats) the results were deemed hilarious. I don't view either as "being about him" though, just really bizarre concepts designed to confuse people which led to pretty funny results - the running oats thread is generally considered among the "best of" OOT.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:56 PM

Eh, the reason the oats thread was great was more because of the awesome execution of the BoilingOatsRunner gimmick account, which I don't think was Assani. The thread was mostly retarded up until the gimmick posted.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:03 PM

Wookie,

That's your opinion, mandingo. IMO the thread prior to that point cracked me up with a mix of people taking it seriously combined with others calling him out on it. Even prior to the gimmick I definitely consider it in the top 5% of any OOT OP. Just ask NT!, aka Sir Locks-A-Lot.