Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Coaching/Training > DeucesCracked.com
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 11:38 AM

Default How will the videos help one\'s live game?

Joe Tall has been my live poker coach for a few get togethers now and he has really helped my live LHE game so I can speak firsthand of just what a great poker coach he is.

It might be cool to hear from you guys on how watching the DC videos of online play transfers to live play. Especially for those of us who don't play much online. What I have seen so far looks really great.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:45 PM

Default Re: How will the videos help one\'s live game?

I think Catus Jack could answer this fairly easy. We have other members that play mostly live like, MickeyWins and HollywoodDB. I'm a live player at heart and I know that watching DD and Entity's videos have helped my game a lot.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Catus Jack could answer this fairly easy. We have other members that play mostly live like, MickeyWins and HollywoodDB. I'm a live player at heart and I know that watching DD and Entity's videos have helped my game a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't answer anything easily. Brevity isn't my thing.

Online: 18K hands -$2.25
Live: last 11 sessions +$1398 ($5.8BB/hr???)

Those live sessions came after 4 months of intensive training from a great coach and the help of good books, and the videos and advice from Deuces Cracked. It's impossible to estimate how much I got out of the videos, but I know absolutely I wouldn't be where I am now without them. Coach said I've progressed as far in six months as he did in two years. First, I had a better coach, and second, I had the advantage of watching the videos where he didn't have them. That should say something, as I'm not nearly as smart as he is.

Online, I suck at poker. Live, I've got a huge edge over players at the local 4/8 games. All of it together has kinda transformed me from a weak/tight/nit local into a ballcap kid who looks like a weak/tight/nit local.

I've got a long way to go, but I've come a long way.

A friend of a friend was listening to me talk about what I've been doing and said, "you're not a 4/8 player anymore, but a 30/60 player playing 4/8." That's the nicest thing anyone ever said to me. (Aside from that time when she said I was the World's Greatest Lover.)

See? So much for explaining easily. Hope it helps. (or tl;dr)

CJ
Old 10-27-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Those live sessions came after 4 months of intensive training from a great coach

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG, how many years of winning at 4/8 will it take you to recoup your coaching investment? The few guys I've been able to find that are willing to coach me charge from $1500 (basically 1 day of coaching) to $7000. It would take me the rest of this lifetime and a good chunk of the next one to pay off a 4 month coaching bill playing 4/8.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Those live sessions came after 4 months of intensive training from a great coach

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG, how many years of winning at 4/8 will it take you to recoup your coaching investment? The few guys I've been able to find that are willing to coach me charge from $1500 (basically 1 day of coaching) to $7000. It would take me the rest of this lifetime and a good chunk of the next one to pay off a 4 month coaching bill playing 4/8.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember when we were playing the EDF homegame? Here's a couple of pieces of free advice:

(a) Limit. When you have a set of Kings and everyone checks to you on the river. Bet that thing.

(b) No-limit. Remember that hand where you were dealing and you had K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and open limped on button and almost killed your hand on the river by mixing the river burn card with your hand? (But we agreed to chop and you showed you made a runner-runner flush) It's usually not a good idea to peel the flop with a backdoor flush draw with overs in no-limit. I suspect if you're peeling with backdoor draws in no-limit, you might be doing it improperly in limit as well.

Garland
Old 11-14-2007, 09:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The few guys I've been able to find that are willing to coach me charge from $1500 (basically 1 day of coaching) to $7000.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, ripoff. look, if you are playing micro low limits online or live and still can't beat it after subscribing to tutorial videos, than it is time to give up poker. even when you move up to mid limits there are still no need for a coach. just make friends w/ winning players you respect, get together and analyze each other's game, repeat...etc. poker coaches are nothing but another guy to talk poker to. get a $1000 hooker, you'll walk away more satisfied.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:48 PM

That's so ridiculous, I can't believe anyone would actually believe anyone else would believe it.

Bunch of guys sitting around the 19th hole, there's a chance they'll help each other break par?

I can imagine that Tiger Woods would be the golfer he is today getting advice from a buddy. Right.

My game jumped WAY up with help from solid coaching and the videos on Deuces Cracked. Way, way up. I wouldn't be anywhere near as good now as I am. Come to think of it, I wasn't any good at all using your method.

Guess your advice pretty much sucked.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:32 AM

No argument from me.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My game jumped WAY up with help from solid coaching and the videos on Deuces Cracked .

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm pretty sure your game would of jumped up based on deuces cracked alone. btw i wasn't responding to reasonable price coaches say $50-$75 hr wages. i was responding to the $1k-$7k a day ripoff. if you were coughing up $1k/day to beat $4-$8 limit than yeah i pretty much think you suck at life unless you fart $1k everynight for dinner, which probably $1k is nothing to you. btw get out of $4-$8 live, the rake and stupid bad-beat jackpot alone will rape you alive let alone tip, food, gas,...etcc your coach didn't make you 5bb/hr, luck did. and pls don't compare tiger woods to random poker players trying to beat low stakes, that's just bananas.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:46 AM

first of all, ban hamburglar.

second, in response to the tiger woods analogy, this kind of thinking worked pre UGIEA, but since, poker players seem to be a lot more protective of their methods. with the recent outbreak of instructional sites and coaching services, if you don't already know good players, no one's going to have the time or the desire to just teach you everything for nothing. its unfortunate, but its the nature of the beast.