Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 10:59 AM

Default Re: Post Draft Fantasy Basketball Thread

I only have one C because I didn't check to see if Varejao was actually a C. Anyone looking to trade?

I made 3 picks that I regret but I'm ok with my early drafting. I wasn't very well prepared. On the plus side, I think I drafted several versatile players and could take the team in a lot of directions.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Needle, (at least I assume the Kutztown team is yours) did you draft before knowing that Morrison was going to be out for the year? I know this is a dynasty league, but that still has to suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hadn't heard about the injury, I feel really really stupid not making last second checks on injuries. I thought I was well prepared for the draft and I think there were only 5 rounds that went the way I thought they would. The Morrison pick was one of the rounds were literally all 3 or 4 of my players on my board were taken back to back to back. I'm very pissed off about the draft and have to figure out a way to fix things up. Ugh, it all started with a panic pick in the first round with Okafor and Bosh goes right after.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair we were talking about A-mo in chat, and I distinctly remember saying (well before he was picked) that the play had "GG ACL" written all over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I'm a complete moron and dead money in this league so I don't think it was that suprising that I took him. I stopped paying attention to chat the second I realized I was to drunk and shouldn't be typing because I was making a fool out of myself with my comments, I think I said that too.

I was watching the football games and going over my sheets the whole time, really wasn't reading the chat at all, ugh...

Edit: That should be clear due to the fact that I didn't know Morrison was injured until I read it on ESPN.com yesterday before the Night games.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:00 AM

Best pick of the draft was David Lee at 90, imo.

Not because of value or anything, but because you could just hear superfanboi Thayer's "SON OF A GODDAMN BITCH!" at him not falling just one more spot...
Old 10-22-2007, 11:01 AM

it's an awesome value, too, if someone how Isiah is gone next year or the year after and Lee is putting up 13/11s on a nightly basis.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ugh, it all started with a panic pick in the first round with Okafor and Bosh goes right after.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, not to pile on, but if there's anything that everyone should be prepared for its the first 2 rounds. That's the easy part.

It's definitely tough to do the draft though. That's why we stressed so hard about being prepared. I totally botched a couple of picks myself.

I'm sure Alex or I will do some sort of postdraft analysis and post to the league message board once we have time.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hilarious trade offers received so far: Jarrett Jack and David West for Tony Parker and Antawn Jamison.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. That's Barbier. It's also why he got invited and why he's good for the league. Super active trader. Sends all sorts of insulting offers. You'll learn how to deal with his offers, but he's incredibly active, always provides someone to trade with, and is good for the league despite the fact that he'll irritate you from time to time.

Sadly, he drafted/luckboxed into a monster team.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I only have one C because I didn't check to see if Varejao was actually a C.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, he's also not actually on an NBA contract/roster right now either. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2007, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do rookies first?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Everyone's tired after the full draft.

2. It enables undrafed rookies to be drafted in the regular draft if someone desires.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ugh, it all started with a panic pick in the first round with Okafor and Bosh goes right after.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, not to pile on, but if there's anything that everyone should be prepared for its the first 2 rounds. That's the easy part.

It's definitely tough to do the draft though. That's why we stressed so hard about being prepared. I totally botched a couple of picks myself.

I'm sure Alex or I will do some sort of postdraft analysis and post to the league message board once we have time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, I'm a complete fish. My board looked decent after the first half of the first round, I had Howard, Duncan, Wade, Ming, Bosh, Okafor, Iguodala, and Boozer in my queue or so I thought. The problem was in my pre-rankings I forgot to move Bosh up there. I wasn't really paying attention to each individual pick. Ugghhhhh, that whole draft is making me sick.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hilarious trade offers received so far: Jarrett Jack and David West for Tony Parker and Antawn Jamison.

[/ QUOTE ]

You better act quick before I give him Hinrich and Odom for those guys...

-McGee