Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games

Old 10-18-2007, 01:25 PM

Default Re: Halo 3: Always matched against people much better

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I play Social because Serious Biddness people suck at life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you find that there is a wide range from the worst player playing and the best? I don't like that about social. I'd rather play people that are about my skill level.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea there is a much wider range, but i prefer the people who play Social much more. I don't care about rankings i just want to have fun and having people scream "R34 GET TO THE BACK [censored] DOOR!!! MOVE IT!!! HAUL ASS!!!!! GHOST INCOMING!!!!!" over and over again is not my idea of fun. I have no problem with people helping out and such, but when its forceful and they respond with Gym Class Hero yelling it gets old very fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have honestly never been a part of a game like this. Most of the time people don't talk at all which is very frustrating, but I find that when people do talk (and not the 12 yr olds that won't shut the f up) it's mostly 'guy has a sword by the green room' or 'guy is invisible w/ the rocket launcher by the invisibility'. I kinda wish I had someone who would take charge and try to win as a team...

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no problem with what you describe. Unfortunately a ton of people take it to far and try and become Ike on the fly.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If I could play the 360 with my normal mouse and keyboard from my computer I think I'd really get into Halo 3, but without it I can't play it over CS or TF2 right now. I'm pretty good at CS, and I can't get the hang of the 360 controller to get good at Halo or maybe I can't put the time into it. The aiming is just so much harder than with a mouse to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I see something like this all I see is 'Man, I wish my 360 was a computer...'

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont' wish my 360 was a computer, I wish I had the controllers that I'm comfortable with playing. I've played TF original, HL1, HL2, CSS, CS original since 1.0, and TF2 now, and that's been over 10 years so I'm used to a mouse and keyboard over a gamepad for FPS type games. Just like I wouldn't like playing an RTS like SC, C&C or WC2 on an x-box either b/c I'm not comfortable with the controls.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:54 PM

One of the best features about Halo 3 is that it's really easy to mute people.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If I could play the 360 with my normal mouse and keyboard from my computer I think I'd really get into Halo 3, but without it I can't play it over CS or TF2 right now. I'm pretty good at CS, and I can't get the hang of the 360 controller to get good at Halo or maybe I can't put the time into it. The aiming is just so much harder than with a mouse to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I see something like this all I see is 'Man, I wish my 360 was a computer...'

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont' wish my 360 was a computer, I wish I had the controllers that I'm comfortable with playing. I've played TF original, HL1, HL2, CSS, CS original since 1.0, and TF2 now, and that's been over 10 years so I'm used to a mouse and keyboard over a gamepad for FPS type games. Just like I wouldn't like playing an RTS like SC, C&C or WC2 on an x-box either b/c I'm not comfortable with the controls.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol @ I'm not comfortable w/ the controls. Halo is arguably the best FPS console game and it's been out for 6+ yrs. So if you ever thought Halo would be a fun game you would get over the fact that they aren't mouse/keyboard controls.

Sorry, but I hear this all the time from people who play computer FPS on how much they would kill me if they had a mouse and keyboard, but I just laugh and tell them it's a good thing then that we're playing on an Xbox...
Old 10-18-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, but I hear this all the time from people who play computer FPS on how much they would kill me if they had a mouse and keyboard, but I just laugh and tell them it's a good thing then that we're playing on an Xbox...

[/ QUOTE ]

qft
Old 10-18-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol @ I'm not comfortable w/ the controls. Halo is arguably the best FPS console game and it's been out for 6+ yrs. So if you ever thought Halo would be a fun game you would get over the fact that they aren't mouse/keyboard controls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you really that much of a console nerd. I just said I'm not comfortable playing FPS on controller, not just Halo. I didn't play Halo 1 or 2. Why do you feel the need to degrade me b/c I don't like it. I don't have any problem with you playing with a controller, I just prefer a mouse and keyboard b/c I've basically only played FPS for the last 10 years on the computer.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:49 PM

my personal experience with the two is this. M/K is easier for shooting, controller better for overall gameplay control. Add in the headset and basically controller pwns the [censored] out of keyboard.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:53 PM

I have a headset for computer.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you really that much of a console nerd. I just said I'm not comfortable playing FPS on controller, not just Halo. I didn't play Halo 1 or 2. Why do you feel the need to degrade me b/c I don't like it. I don't have any problem with you playing with a controller, I just prefer a mouse and keyboard b/c I've basically only played FPS for the last 10 years on the computer.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
If I could play the 360 with my normal mouse and keyboard from my computer I think I'd really get into Halo 3

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, so I'm sorry that you said you could get into it except for the controls and I took that to meaning you liked the game, but because you didn't have the comfort of the mouse and keyboard you wouldn't play it. Now you're saying you don't like it. Well, could you get into it or not? The controller shouldn't really be an issue. And you must have missed this part:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly didn't mean to offend you (which I obviously did because you felt the need to insult me), but I think it's funny that you call me a console nerd when you won't play a game because it's a console FPS.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a headset for computer.

[/ QUOTE ]yeah but you still have to use the keyboard.

For me thats the main problem with the M/K setup. The buttons aren't easier to use. I remember playing in one game and trying to jump at an angle while reloading or throwing a grenade. It was like stabbing my eyes balls.