Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Old 09-28-2007, 03:37 AM

Default Re: Spechel EDD nudes >1000

[ QUOTE ]
So how did he find out this discussion was taking place? No matter how private we've tried to keep it, I assume mod forum stuff will get out sooner than later... just not immediately.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's one of my actual friends on 2p2, and I asked him as a friend. He's very intelligent so he easily and correctly deduced we were having a mod discussion about the situation.

Fwiw, I take the whole secrecy of the mod forum idea very seriously. Perhaps even too seriously seeing as i'm a noob mod.

P.S. Mulling it over, I see how just broaching the subject with him could be an inadvertent leak of mod forum information, so I might've commited a faux-pas. My apologies.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:53 AM

CC,

I don't see anything wrong with asking Edd "yo, bro, did you make that thread go nuts?"

And I can't imagine a person so stupid they wouldn't deduce that the mods were both talking about the fact that that thread [censored] the site, and wouldn't assume that Edd was a "suspect."
Old 09-28-2007, 08:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
talking about the fact that that thread [censored] the site

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the info that wasn't out there. That could still be private until I finished running IP checks if I hadn't posted here early.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:59 AM

Ryan,

Eh, I can see that maybe that was private, but Edd and other were sitting there in front of their computers, watching the number go up rapidly, then the site crashed, then when it came back the thread was way different or gone or whatever.

But yes, I can see how that would be bad to get out, I just can't see how someone who is smart and was watcing the thread go nuts wouldn't correlate that to the site crashing. If CC told Edd that, eh, slap him on the wrist, which I think we've already successfully seen happen in this thread, and he's learned his lesson.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Edd and other were sitting there in front of their computers, watching the number go up rapidly, then the site crashed, then when it came back the thread was way different or gone or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thread remained for several hours after the site was working again. Chuck had already done his thing by the time I moved it here. But point taken... I think my issue was more with people finding out what we know early on when something like this comes up.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:47 AM

The poster using that IP during the problems has been identified and banned:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...php?User=82362
Old 09-28-2007, 10:14 AM

I think everybody had a suspicion that thread was the problem.

FWIW, the thread originally said "fluffpop nudes" and then in an attempt to curb the growing post count (before it was obviously automated) it changed it to "Dids nutes". That had no affect. Edd objected so I turned it to his nudes, he liked that.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:24 AM

Dids,

Fwiw, I think that the proper response (unless you're just not really a computers guy so didn't know this would likely cause a problem) would have been to just trash the thread.

c
Old 09-28-2007, 10:58 AM

Too bad about NU Star, he was generally pretty harmless (no, I'm not saying he shouldn't be banned).

If this ever happens in the future, would deleting the thread solve the problem?
Old 09-28-2007, 11:41 AM

Cit,

Once it got going and it was obviously a script, I did consider trashing it. However, since at the time the forums were still working, I didn't. In retrospect... yeah.