Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 09-17-2007, 12:34 AM

Default Re: X-Post Absolute Poker Hole Card Cheating

We don't need to end [censored].

I wonder if that guy is nervous about any possible recourse against him...He seemed to not care if everyone knows but he has stolen a lot of money in front of a lot of witnesses.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:40 AM

""also fyi, this is (obv) an HSNL/limit issue at this time and no one playing below 100/200 needs to worry. ""

I had to laugh at this. Yes its obv. that there is only one person that can see hole cards and he/she is only doing it at 100/200 and above....

Again, why is it obvious?
Old 09-17-2007, 12:50 AM

agreed. if one person is doing it playing 88VP or whatever at 100/200 then why would it be so impossible for someone else to do something similar at 15/30 but do it more intelligently by playing more normally so as not to be so easily detected.

Someone out there could actually be smart enough to realize that by NOT playing perfectly, playing 25VP or something more normal and even occasionally losing a hand including calling-down with the worst hand just for show then they could continue to fleece this thing forever possibly without being detected.

I hate to give these tips for some idiot out there who might be reading. But it's true and it should be totally obvious and it's possible somebody is out there doing something like this already.

IF it is true that somebody at 100/200 can see hole-cards then there is zero reason to trust the other stakes on that site AT ALL.
Although I think I would be more comfortable playing 1/2 or 2/4 limit on there. Anybody who could see the hole-cards would almost have to be playing higher than that I would think.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:08 AM

I am not a person who panics or is paranoid at all... But if I knew it was possible for anybody playing to see other people's hole cards illegally, I would never play another hand on that site.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:36 AM

lol@2p2 being the 'face' of the online poker police

people have been saying this for years and Im pretty sure they ust got abuse thrown at them
Old 09-17-2007, 06:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
that is nuts.... what was absolute's response if any?

too long to read... cliff notes sums it up well (at least the first few pages)

[/ QUOTE ]

someone sent a link of one of these posts to ap and they just denied that anyone was cheating

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an obvious and predictable initial reaction, IMO it will be interesing to see how they respond to the alleged cheating in their games.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:02 AM

If you picked up a 'super user account' would you play 96/70? seriously, how stupid do people get? The hands that I have seen are so blatantly obvious..
Old 09-17-2007, 02:34 PM

is this for real? link to comment by absolute?
Old 09-17-2007, 02:45 PM

I don't play anywhere close to those limits, but what I've read on here has really lead me to believe it to be true. A lot of very smart and observant poker players are actually agreeing with this theory.

I have a theory about why they would play 90/70 though. If you killed everyone playing 25/18, you may have a really tough time getting people to want to sit with you. But at 90/70 they figure "we play like fish, and they'll always want to get into a game with us". Just looks like they aren't doing it too well (in terms of making it believable).
Old 09-17-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you picked up a 'super user account' would you play 96/70? seriously, how stupid do people get? The hands that I have seen are so blatantly obvious..

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess its good they werent smart about it, so they didnt win any more $$.