Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2007, 04:46 PM

Location: cook me on your grill and feed me to your neighbors
Default Re: LO8 Hand

how did u see the results howzit and i know you don't mean some1 overoverovercalled with a10 right...?

riighhht...???
Old 09-05-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a question about loose guy's play on the turn. Why didn't he bet his nut low then? I ask because I would have done that against 3 opponents and I wonder whether that is a mistake I regularly make.

[/ QUOTE ]Heron - My guess is because Hero three-bet the flop and two other opponents called. Maybe TooLoose is afraid of two opponents both having the same nut low as him. Or maybe he's suddenly afraid of being counterfeited on the river. Or maybe he's trying to be fancy or greedily hoping to get in a check-raise.[ QUOTE ]
I ask because I would have done that against 3 opponents and I wonder whether that is a mistake I regularly make.

[/ QUOTE ]I think the 3 opponent thinking thing is weak. (In other words you check with two opponents but bet with three because even if you get quartered you break even for the bet).

I think you usually should bet the nut low with two opponents. (Of course it depends on the particular opponents and your chance for high - if you're absolutely certain one of them also has the nut low, and if you have no reasonable chance for a weakish high, then betting would be foolish).

Conversely, sometimes a check with the nut low and three opponents seems wise. (But I don't think it particularly is in this situation - maybe TooLoose simply made a mistake here - could be another example of where, by raising, Hero makes it easier for an opponent to make a mistake - in this case on the next betting round).

If you more or less regularly bet the nut low on the turn, I don't think that's a leak in your game at all. (I do think you have to find ways to mix up your play against opponents who are trying to read you).

Buzz
Old 09-07-2007, 01:14 AM

Thanks again all. Great insight.

And, Buzz...you rock.