Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy

Old 08-26-2007, 08:18 AM

Default the process of de-evolution has begun

in the past, poor people needed to have as many kids as possible to survive. they passed these genes onto their poor children. now, in the year 2007, having tons of kids isnt required for survival, but they are doing it anyways. that means for every scientist and doctor couple who have one child, a prison inmate and his baby's mamma have nine kids, some redneck and second cousin have seven kids. That means seven more kids believing in jesus and watching nascar versus one kid studying evolution and watching film noir. this affect will keep multipling until the educated are such a small minority that they are forced with a decision: extinction or mass genocide of the uneducated christian populations.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:26 AM

Default Re: the process of de-evolution has begun

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I just spent a week driving cross-country through the backwaters of the American pastoral and---ye gods!---every stereotype is true ten times over.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:37 AM

If an "education" produces theories like this, then count me as happy that I belong to the great unwashed masses. You think you are great and the rest of the world are idiots; this is not a particularily novel viewpoint but it is undoubtably unwarranted.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You think you are great and the rest of the world are idiots; this is not a particularily (sic) novel viewpoint but it is undoubtably (sic) unwarranted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does thinking little of the masses imply hubris? I certainly don't imagine myself "great", and KKF has never evinced any noticeable egoism.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:09 AM

I was just thinking near exactly this the other day but it was entirely too depressing. Cheer up, there are options other than genocide...like population control...or sending them to some form of moron colony on the moon...or a draft.

-JP
Old 08-26-2007, 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If an "education" produces theories like this, then count me as happy that I belong to the great unwashed masses. You think you are great and the rest of the world are idiots; this is not a particularly novel viewpoint but it is undoubtedly unwarranted.

[/ QUOTE ]
1. i installed modzilla last week. i corrected your spelling mistakes. thats a real killer when you are trying to sound smart/witty.

2. it is a fact that unintelligent people have more kids than intelligent people. people aren't dying of chicken pocks anymore, cold winters, or even war. So what is going to happen in X years?
Old 08-26-2007, 10:12 AM

Watch this movie, it will tell you and is really funny
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiocracy
Old 08-26-2007, 10:14 AM

so you
A) havent seen idiocracy
B) have seen idiocracy and stole the movies concept as your own
Old 08-26-2007, 10:20 PM

this is why i dislike democracy so much. democracy kind of works as intended in finland where most people are about equal and similar (compared to america's heterogeneity). but in america its just terrible. and how can you expect to run a society based on a completely incorrect premise: all men are created equal.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:13 PM

The fact that we don't need to have tons of kids for survival is what marks the most recent evolutionary breakthrough. We evolve culturally now, and our children 'inherit' these traits through our upper level interactions with them instead of exclusively through genetic process.

It's not hard to see how the more extreme cases of what you're describing produce 'less fit' offspring. They work in construction yards and factories, they are the warehouse grunts. They are needed to bootstrap the rest of society and provide a foundation for infrastructure. If they ever become useless to society their economic means will certainly be cut off and their numbers will dwindle. The process regulates itself, there's no need for anyone to engineer a selection mechanism.