Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2007, 11:50 PM

Default TxRedMan

Have you played in, or were you planning on playing in any of the 8 or better events? I was just curious how the action was this year for high/low----I thought since last years HORSE event, that it may have spiked up the high/low action overall. And, of course, I wouldn't mind reading a trip report from you either, well, if you're into that sorta thing.

Thanks.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:19 AM

Default Re: TxRedMan

[ QUOTE ]
Have you played in, or were you planning on playing in any of the 8 or better events? I was just curious how the action was this year for high/low----I thought since last years HORSE event, that it may have spiked up the high/low action overall. And, of course, I wouldn't mind reading a trip report from you either, well, if you're into that sorta thing.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Last year I was planning on playing the $2K event but I slept in. This year I have the same intentions, and hopefully will not oversleep. In Vegas, in general, mixed games have become more popular over the last year. And yes, I think it has a lot to do with the $50K horse event. However, other than during the series, the biggest regularly spread LO8 game you'll find in Vegas is the 20/40 with a half kill at the Bellagio, and just for reference- it had been pushed aside to make way for a 40-80 mixed game as early as last month. But during the series everything is exaggerated and exponential, i.e., there are so many more players, so many more games, and as a result it's not hard to find $4-$8, $10-$20 up to the occasional $200-$400. And as I've said before, I've seen $75-$150 games going that are softer than $10-$20 games. Noticably. There's so many high(er) stakes players than there were 10 years ago, so you'll find that players with mid six-figure bankrolls (my guess) who usually play something like $25-50 NLHE or $100-$200 LHE don't/won't/can't try playing a new game where they are at a decided disadvantage unless it's for stakes that interest them.

I'm going to be back in LV at the end of this month through sometime in July. I'll do a trip report on the cash games/tourney when I get back. If I'm playing good I'll probably take a stab at a $200-$400 game if it's going. The series is really the only time of year you can find a full ring high limit omaha eight or better only game (in LV). And I'd be more than happy to do a trip report.

-Tex
Old 06-08-2007, 06:02 PM

First things first----I hope you don't oversleep, and good luck to you in the event.

I'll be out there in a few weeks and hopefully by the time I arrive, the $40-80 mixed game will still be running (I hate the $20-40 O8 game, it's always the same players, and it's been that way for the 15 years that I've been going there). I'm assuming that the mix game is half/half O8/Stud8---that would be ideal for me but I'll settle if it also includes HE. Doesn't the Bellagio still spread the $60-120 O8 game with the half kill anymore? That used to be one of their staple games as I recall.

Anyway...

I'll be looking foward to a trip report when you return. All the best.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:10 AM

Hi Rush,

[ QUOTE ]
I'm assuming that the mix game is half/half O8/Stud8---

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was in Vegas during the Bellagio tourney in April, there were 2 tables of the 40/80 mix. It typically contained:

O8, 7-Stud Hi/lo REGULAR, Badugi, and 2-7 TD. Comfy with that mix? I was, except for TD, but the must-move game was filled with good young Vegas or LA players who seemed very familiar with all of the games. The main game looked good, and I sat for a couple of rounds, but it didn't seem worth it to splash around with them for a couple of hours to get a seat.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:35 PM

Last year the mix game ran as $60-$120 during the Series, are you saying that its back down to $40-$80? And to Rush17, I've never seen it include hold'em, since everyone who gets there at the beginning to decide on the mix is usually strongly opposed.

Regards,
Richard
Old 06-09-2007, 01:13 PM

I've seen a few posts around that mentioned a 60 BT game. No clue if there is a 40 BOT+Stud hilo regular going as well.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:28 PM

Thanks for all the info/appreciate it.

I guess I'll have to just wait and see as to what games will be in the mix.

I'm pretty flexible with the limits (more or less) and I'm fine with all of the games(including 2-7 TD) except for Badugi----that ought to be interesting!

I'm also very selective about what games I sit at so if the game(s) don't appeal to me, then I just won't play. And, one of the advantages that I have, is that I know quite a few, if not all, of the regular, mid-high limit high/low players from the Bellagio, so I should be able to get some idea before I sit down (and I pretty much already know that I can't expect these games to be what I'm used to AC, but every now and then, you can catch it just right) Hopefully, I won't have to wait for hours to get a seat.

Looking foward to the trip...
Old 06-11-2007, 02:24 AM

rio mixed games have been very spotty excepting black chip, but maaaaaaaaany 75/150 o/8 tables
Old 06-12-2007, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
rio mixed games have been very spotty excepting black chip, but maaaaaaaaany 75/150 o/8 tables

[/ QUOTE ]

I just want to go to Vegas and sit in a good high-low game!

And what you described was pretty much what I was looking for, and having multiple games going at the same time is just a bonus. I'm sure the 75 game is a half kill with any flop...? But either way is fine. Thanks.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Coach me in Omaha 8 so I can profit many dollars. I am non-retarded in any game except Omaha 8 but that doesn't help me for mix games where it is like a staple.