Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 05-18-2007, 03:35 AM

Default ***Official Ron Paul video thread***

I''m thinking of putting together a compilation of videos of Ron Paul talking about the issues. Post any interesting links you think is worthy.

Here's a few to get started:

Ron Paul on the cause of 9/11
Ron Paul on the issues
Ron Paul on the FED
Ron Paul at the first Republican debate
Ron Paul at the second Republican debate
Ron Paul on Real Time with Bill Maher

Thanks to anyone that contributes
Old 05-18-2007, 05:33 AM

Default Re: ***Official Ron Paul video thread***

Remind me again why Bill Maher has a television show?
Old 05-18-2007, 08:41 AM

I feel sorry for this guy because it's simply not possible for him to make the points that he wants to make in the time he is alloted. It's even worse when someone like Bill Maher hops around to different very complex topics like THE CIVIL WAR and global warming. That said, Paul did a good job of encapsulating sophisticated ideas into few words.

If you'll notice, this happens to people like Chomsky too. Chomsky talks about how it's actually a good tactic for the corporate media to occasionally throw on a legitimate alternate viewpoint, because no matter how eloquent the person is, they're going to sound like lunatics.

Everytime a mainstream idea is repeated however, the speaker is able to draw on the previous programming of the listener to respond to the ideas. So really if a propagandist gives a 5 minute speech, and a gadfly gives a 5 minute speech, it still isn't equal. What's actually happening is the propagandist is giving a 20 year speech, and the gadfly is still giving his 5 minute speech.

Conclusion: the media is rigged.
Old 05-19-2007, 02:49 AM

Bump
Old 05-19-2007, 04:09 AM

Sorry, I just watched the Ron Paul stuff from Bill Maher and I didn't think the media made him seem like a lunatic at all. He had a lot of interesting ideas, Bill Maher gave him a chance to explain them all, made a few jokes, but overall, Paul's points were very clear and understandable, and reasonable as well.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, I just watched the Ron Paul stuff from Bill Maher and I didn't think the media made him seem like a lunatic at all. He had a lot of interesting ideas, Bill Maher gave him a chance to explain them all, made a few jokes, but overall, Paul's points were very clear and understandable, and reasonable as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhm... Bill Maher did nothing but launch ridiculous personal attacks the whole time. He avoided actually talking about issues and dwelled on the Civil War thing, something that happened generations ago and has no actual bearing on real world politics today.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:18 AM

Dwelled on it? All he did was say the words "Civil War" after each thing Ron Paul said - it was meant to be funny, it sort of was, thats Bill Maher, its a political comedy show. He allowed Ron Paul to explain all of his posistions very clearly, he certainly gave him enough time to explain to ME, a strong dissaprover of Mr. Paul, how his posistions make sense. I came away from those videos with a much better understanding of Ron Paul's posistions, how he thinks, and I'm starting to like the guy a bit more. If it wasn't for a few key policies he has, I'd probably love him. All said, if he is the Republican nominee, I'll vote for him.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:21 AM

Bill Maher called Dr. Paul his hero tonight after his performance in this weeks debate. He also called out Chris Dodd for distorting what he said in the debate in an interview with him.
Maher said he wanted to get Paul back on his show and I'm guessing he will get treated better this time around.
Old 05-19-2007, 07:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bump

[/ QUOTE ]

Noooooo Iron, don't give into the masses like this. Stick to your guns, buddy. We're all in this together; we can't let them win.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bill Maher called Dr. Paul his hero tonight after his performance in this weeks debate. He also called out Chris Dodd for distorting what he said in the debate in an interview with him.
Maher said he wanted to get Paul back on his show and I'm guessing he will get treated better this time around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this true? That's pretty cool, actually.