Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review

Old 05-02-2007, 06:54 PM

Default Mother\'s day gifts - of the month?

I googled wine of the month club and cheese of the month, and it turns out there are a ton of these. I was wondering if my mom might get a kick out of something like this, for mother's day. Also, her birthday is coming up, so I could go expensive by giving her a joint gift for both, I suppose. But still, some of these clubs seem terrifically overpriced, especially for a sight-unseen product I have no way to judge. I'd feel stupid paying 30 bucks a month for a jar of jam. Does anyone have any recommendations or experience with any of these? I don't mind paying for quality, but paying just to pay seems dumb.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:03 PM

Default Re: Mother\'s day gifts - of the month?

I dont have any experience with these clubs but I would suggest finding a local gourmet food shop and enquiring there, I'm sure they would be happy to make a small hamper and post it out each month. I guess I'm a supporter of small businesses and don't mind paying more for a bespoke service, I guess it all depends on what is around you and what your willing to spend.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:14 PM

She lives in another state. I couldn't really judge what her local shops are like any more than I could some anonymous internet company. Good idea though.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd feel stupid paying 30 bucks a month for a jar of jam.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want the jam! That sounds neat. Cheese also sounds like a good idea. I have no idea what you should pick or how much it should cost. 30 sounds high maybe it includes shipping? What about a book a month? Does your mom read those romance novels? They can read like one of those a day tho. Just make sure whatever you pick gets there on time. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]