FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: The better flick is:
Firefox 3 42.86%
Coogan's Bluff 4 57.14%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2007, 08:35 AM

Default Re: About This Forum

[ QUOTE ]
So is there anyone else who thinks the best way to handle problems we have with this forum in the future is in house rather than draggin it to ATF? Even if the complaints are about Iron's modding, I'd rather simply have it taken to him here and rejected than drag ATF into it again.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's very much easier to write this off for the lost cause that it has become.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:01 AM

I don't see why you people have to whine about all this stuff.

Just get put on 92% of people's mute list like me and no one will ever see these bad posts you are all talking about.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:52 AM

I'd appreciate it if someone could quote this: The reason Nielsio can't link his blog is that there is a rule against linking to any website you control on 2+2. Its intended as an anti-spam measure but it applies to non-commercial websites as well. The reason I let it go this long is that I didn't realize freedomchannel.blogspot was owned by Nielsio. I never read it until another user pointed out to me that that's Nielsio's blog and I had always assumed that Nielsio was a fan of the blogger.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Some other guy pm-ed me about it saying that iron can't pm me because I have him on ignore.

[/ QUOTE ]
Given all the recent drama is this really necessary? Just take iron off ignore or put up with his decisions
Old 04-30-2007, 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd appreciate it if someone could quote this: The reason Nielsio can't link his blog is that there is a rule against linking to any website you control on 2+2. Its intended as an anti-spam measure but it applies to non-commercial websites as well. The reason I let it go this long is that I didn't realize freedomchannel.blogspot was owned by Nielsio. I never read it until another user pointed out to me that that's Nielsio's blog and I had always assumed that Nielsio was a fan of the blogger.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where is this rule.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Some other guy pm-ed me about it saying that iron can't pm me because I have him on ignore.

[/ QUOTE ]
Given all the recent drama is this really necessary? Just take iron off ignore or put up with his decisions.

[/ QUOTE ]

One cannot change the ignore-status of mods. This includes un-ignoring.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:17 AM

I guess the ignore list got washed when we changed software a couple weeks ago. Twin, Nielsio couldn't take me off ignore for a while because I was on ignore when I was greened and the software wouldn't let Nielsio take me off.

[ QUOTE ]
Where is this rule.

[/ QUOTE ] Here
Old 04-30-2007, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Where is this rule.

[/ QUOTE ] Here

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh. The intent of that rule has nothing to do with my case. But I guess there's little you or I can do about that.

The fact that someone specifically mentioned it being my blog for the purpose of having is censored really, really quite sad.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess the ignore list got washed when we changed software a couple weeks ago. Twin, Nielsio couldn't take me off ignore for a while because I was on ignore when I was greened and the software wouldn't let Nielsio take me off.

[ QUOTE ]
Where is this rule.

[/ QUOTE ] Here

[/ QUOTE ]

Iron,
thanks for modding. You respond to criticism, and don't seem to take things personally, and you can't coach that.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Where is this rule.

[/ QUOTE ] Here

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh. The intent of that rule has nothing to do with my case. But I guess there's little you or I can do about that.

The fact that someone specifically mentioned it being my blog for the purpose of having is censored really, really quite sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just roll with it man. One of the main reasons politics drives matt crazy and all those people in atf biotch about us is because if every time there is some baby issue we make 'an issue' out of it. Multiply that by 25 and it just gives everyone the impression that politics is full of complainers who can't let anything go.

Then when a big issue comes up the powers that be are already fed up by hearing about all the ongoing complaints and issues that they just want to shut us down.

In any event I really want to keep things in house here and would rather tolerate some decisions from iron that I disagree with as part of a compromise. He is a volunteer and it's not like he is power hungry or anything.